New Chevrolet CAI installed

Thanks for the pics on this, I was seriously considering it before just getting the airaid MIT. Plenty happy with it but the GM one sure looks dang good! I couldn't find any installed pics and the stock photo doesn't do it justice.

Sent From My Galaxy S6 Edge+

Nice. I guess I know what I will be doing when I take mine in for the first free oil change. Was gonna go K&N but also concerned about warranty and I think I would also prefer a dry filter.

Thanks for sharing. Time to start saving up!

I like it. And it's a dry filter element...I'm wondering if it's gauze and/or foam. I'm guessing it's a permanent/washable filter.(?) Sure would like the filter effectiveness of a paper element- that thing looks pretty tempting. NICE.

In Canada it retails for $650 (not what I paid for it, I paid $450 CAD), the US list price is $550.

It's part number is

http://www.chevrolet.com/performance/silverado-parts.html

You paid under dealer cost, good for you... great deal, I just looked it up in epic

• 4 weeks later...

Does anyone know if there are any difference that would prevent it from fitting on the 6.2l. I have been looking at one for my 2015 6.2l.

Anyone try to make this work with the 6.2 yet?

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Wondering about 6.2 fitment also. K&N uses the same part number kit for both 5.3 and 6.2.

Please post if you end up doing it. I am strongly considering the GM CAI in the near future. If I wind up being the Guinea pig I will post it up so the information is out there.

Anyone know the diameter of the GM CAI coupler where it attaches to the CAI? And is it removable easily? And the diameter of the 6.2 throttle body? Trying to figure out if a coupler/reducer will be needed or if the coupler already there can be stretched to fit.

Damn thats nice. Found it for almost $100 cheaper here, part no. Is the same but no pic though - http://www.officialgmparts.com/oe-gm/84016022

Another $40 lower here: http://www.shopchevyparts.com/performance/2016-silverado-performance-air-intake-53l-engine-l83/84016022-p-92288775.html

Just installed mine. I love it. Throttle, big improvement in responsiveness. Sound, real throaty when you step in it. Silent as stock at any cruising speed. How do I add pics & video to this post?