New Chevrolet CAI installed

I installed the gm intake tonight I makes a rattling/knocking noise once the engine is under load and the rpms start to wind up. Did anyone else have this issue? I tried zip ties to secure the box and power steering reservoir from rattling but it didn't help. I put the stock intake back on.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

• 3 months later...

Looks great... let's be clear though. Gm can not void your warranty for CAI.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

I wouldn't bank on that. Modifications will void warranty... especially aftermarket, installed by non-GM techs, or failures created by them. They kind of have us by the :uhoh::uhoh:

• 2 weeks later...

My plan is to drive 10 to 12,000 mile before doing any mods that way I am going to be pretty sure that I do NOT have a problem child truck and will not have to be concerned about the warranty. My Cold Air Inductions intake off my 2016 6.2 is in storage for a while. That GM intake does look good though if I did not already have a CAI I would definitely be considering that if they made it for the 6.2.........

post-127028-0-11057600-1499300202_thumb.jpg

post-127028-0-11057600-1499300202_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

How do you figure?

If you improperly install a CAI and lose your engine - you think GM is at fault?

Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act of 1975.

Educate yourselves guys.

Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act of 1975.

Educate yourselves guys.

Can you elaborate, I've never heard of it. Honestly, I'm not trying to come off snarky.

US federal law is not going to help me much here in Canada either :nonod:

The problem with the Magnuson-Moss act is even with it you are going to have to get a lawyer to fight GM's lawyers. If you install something aftermarket and it is responsible for the failure, nothing is going to save you. If your going to install aftermarket stuff such as lifts and tunes, and you have a failure you must be prepared to pay for it.

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...

That's one good looking intake, I tried the airaid modular intake tube and put stock back on because of two reasons: 1: It would be a huge PITA to change the air filter because of the static fastening to the filter box, and 2: I believe my mpg dropped slightly.

This one looks great with the removable visible cover over the filter, but the air tubes with the T connector look sketchy. Don't those two air tubes lose air flow when they divert from a T?

What exactly is the function of those two small air hoses that go to the sides of the engine? Does the air flow of those side tubes matter?

Thanks,

Danny G