Lift leveling a 2016 2500hd, can I run 35's

I'm literally lol'ing right now. I hope you meant 2.5 inch level upfront. Even that is pushing it for me, if you're doing 3.5 inch then you're crazy, have fun replacing your ball joints in 10k miles

x2, a level is a level, I don't care what is done.

Im glad u found it so funny.It's a 3.5" in the front and 1" in the rear. The kit comes with shock extension blocks, new heavy duty control arms to keep "factory geometry" and front differential drop kit. I am probably only gonna go up 3 in the front so I can keep a little rake.If I could get an actuall answer to my question that would b great.

Edited by Touchdown88
  • Like 2

I thought he was doing a lift, not keys?

Nope just a horrible leveling kit that over extends the shit out of everything, wait until he sees his CV angles or better yet pops the CV shaft or ball joint.

Yes 35's will fit, several leveled trucks on 35's.

Think twice before installing the crap leveling kit, while you may hate me for busting your balls think of the safety factor when the ball joint pops going 70mph on the highway with your family in the truck. There is a correct way to stuff 35's on the truck and make them clear while keeping it safe and not destroying the truck, ride, safety.

• Like 5

I'll save the lecture about those glorified leveling kits. The other guys have that covered, haha. If you're raising the front over 2" then 35's should fit. There's a few guys running those with 2"-2.5" leveling kits. That being said, your stock 17's rims won't be ideal. Most 35's are 12"-12.5" wide, which is too wide for those narrow 17" stock rims. Toyo makes a 285/75/17 that would work on your stock rims, but they're only 34" tall.

• Like 1

The kit is a tuff country 3.5" Suspension Lift Kit - 2011-2016 Chevy/GMC Silverado & Sierra 2500HD 4x4 & 2w,. It was around $650 i belive.I have the kit but have yet to put it in. You guys say u run 2.5 inch lifts in the front, would another 1/2 inch really b that big of a deal? If so I could always just leave it at 2.5 inch. If someone has the time to check out the kit let me know what u think. Thx fellas

Ok now I'm even more confused. I looked around at other threads and guys are sayin if u do a 2.5" level then u should buy this this and this to keep your ride and angles. The lift I purchased includes all of the parts they are speaking of. Im just trying to get a little higherer truck is all and this is the most reasonable priced way I found. It's hard going from a 2012 ram 2500 with a 5" lift to a stock 2016 2500 hd lol. You guys seem to know a lot more then me on this stuff and the help and suggestions is much appreciated.

Ok now I'm even more confused. I looked around at other threads and guys are sayin if u do a 2.5" level then u should buy this this and this to keep your ride and angles. The lift I purchased includes all of the parts they are speaking of. Im just trying to get a little higherer truck is all and this is the most reasonable priced way I found. It's hard going from a 2012 ram 2500 with a 5" lift to a stock 2016 2500 hd lol. You guys seem to know a lot more then me on this stuff and the help and suggestions is much appreciated.

3 inches or more is just too much for the truck and stuff will really wear out prematurely. If you want to lift it, do it properly and buy a kit with the drop crossmembers and all the other good stuff so your ball joints, tie rods, and cv axles keep a good angle. 2.5" is max honestly, even if the kit comes with new control arms, uniball ball joints and whatever else. Return the kit and spend the extra coin for a 4 or 6 inch lift, around 1500 or so for a cheaper one

Damn, wish I got on the site before I bought the kit lol. Would it make any sense at all to put the kit in and keep it at 2.5". That way being in the lower height of the kit maybe arms won't bottom out and shocks aren't over extending? Maybe ride quality would b better?