• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am going to pick up my new 2016 GMC Sierra SLT CC tonight! I have never driven or sat in one so talk about blind faith! Look bottom line GM makes a better truck than Ford,Dodge for 1/2 gaser types plus they drive hands down better always have and I have driven all of for work! So we shall see what kinda luck I get? Mine will have M5U or 8speed too and 2wd only! CHeers

Ok found out something today. Took my son Dodge 2500 front drive shaft in to be rebuilt at a drive shaft company( in business over 50 yrs). Asked them about the drive shafts and balancing them. He said chevused 2 ton u-joint on alot of the 1/2 tons and this is good, but also said they used thin wall drive shafts that tend to vibrate at higher speeds, they have had to fix several. 550 dollars to redo the drive shaft with stronger material. They say may fix the vibration issue, has anyone done this?

Well picked up the truck and was wondering all day if I get the dreaded vibration that seems to be rampant for buyers. I have build date of 3/11/2016 with the Newer part#'s leaf spring sets and the CRAPPY Goodyear LS-2 or whatever they are? It's a SLT Crew Cab with short box, 20" Chrome Clad Crap Wheels, 2 Wheel Drive 5.3 almost fullly loaded SLT!

Now the bad stuff.......Damn this truck is sick and smooth as butter! Honestly the first couple of gears i can sense but after that 4-8 they are gone! Can't even feel em in the pedal have to watch the tach to even know when they shift. My Problem is why they didn't mate this pig up to the 5.3 earlier cause it's the BOMB! I can't stand the electric steering never really could on any vehicle and bothers me more than anything when driving these new cars.

I understand some people got some bad vibrations and I feel for them and wish they get it fixed to enjoy this Beast! Look go drive a v8 f-150 and then jump into a 2016 chevy v8 with the 8speed. There is a reason Chevy's cost more they own Ford nothing touches their 1/2 ton gas trucks believe me I have pounded all of them and your full of crap if you think Dodge and Ford have something over GM trucks....Cheers

Mook you sound like a GM fan boy! I have had all of them to, get a new company truck every few years. I'll let you in on a little secret, they are all built as cheap as possible and sold for the highest price as possible. In my neck of the woods the GM trucks are the cheapest to buy. Good for when you buy but not so good when you go to sale it. Glad you are happy with your truck though, is this your first truck?

Yup, it's my first truck personally bought new! It's not a little secret they are all overpriced. Cheap? depends what you mean they all are pretty dependable today. I too have driven all for work and that is why I never owned one wanted to get out of a friggin truck and drive a car home! There are things on all the makers I like more than GM but the bottom line is GM trucks drive better subjective, Yes! but you drive one also so looks like you think it's the best of the cheapest trucks.

Really, you want discuss the 70-80's models and call these new trucks cheap? OK, Chevy I believe holds 50%+ after 5 years which really is not bad

Chevy's cost more than Ford's? What part of the country do you live? A loaded F150 Lariat runs close to $60K with maybe a 4-6K rebate at most in many parts of the U.S. A similarly equipped Silverado LTZ Z71 runs maybe $56K with 8-10K in rebates, you can do the math. I get that you like your new truck, but please, you're not fooling the real truck enthusiast on this site with your fanboy comments. Glad you like your truck.

Well picked up the truck and was wondering all day if I get the dreaded vibration that seems to be rampant for buyers. I have build date of 3/11/2016 with the Newer part#'s leaf spring sets and the CRAPPY Goodyear LS-2 or whatever they are? It's a SLT Crew Cab with short box, 20" Chrome Clad Crap Wheels, 2 Wheel Drive 5.3 almost fullly loaded SLT!

Now the bad stuff.......Damn this truck is sick and smooth as butter! Honestly the first couple of gears i can sense but after that 4-8 they are gone! Can't even feel em in the pedal have to watch the tach to even know when they shift. My Problem is why they didn't mate this pig up to the 5.3 earlier cause it's the BOMB! I can't stand the electric steering never really could on any vehicle and bothers me more than anything when driving these new cars.

I understand some people got some bad vibrations and I feel for them and wish they get it fixed to enjoy this Beast! Look go drive a v8 f-150 and then jump into a 2016 chevy v8 with the 8speed. There is a reason Chevy's cost more they own Ford nothing touches their 1/2 ton gas trucks believe me I have pounded all of them and your full of crap if you think Dodge and Ford have something over GM trucks....Cheers

MSRP Apple to Apple type comparisons not the discounts/Rebates etc.

Cost: GM,Ford,Dodge it's been that way for decades bro!

If I have to wait for 15,000 miles to get this baby to vibrate than looks like the shocks will be replaced? After reading the countless threads I would have to surmise shitty tires, shitty shocks and maybe some other shitty OEM part? I have now asked every Mother I see with one of these trucks, "does your truck shake" and they all say the same thing what?

Note: I just ripped it down the hwy at 85 mph Saturday morning nothing boys, NO SHAKE!

I am going to pick up my new 2016 GMC Sierra SLT CC tonight! I have never driven or sat in one so talk about blind faith! Look bottom line GM makes a better truck than Ford,Dodge for 1/2 gaser types plus they drive hands down better always have and I have driven all of for work! So we shall see what kinda luck I get? Mine will have M5U or 8speed too and 2wd only! CHeers

Drive better....uh OK

Better truck....uh OK

Many online here would argue....myself included.

Hate to break it to your but the Dodge rides nicer.

Oh the Dodge 8 speed has a lot better feel than my 8 speed ever will.

And I hate Dodge.

8 speed tranny that chunks and hunts....vibration issue....creaky plastic...oh there's more.

I am considering it a big mistake getting rid of my 11 Ecoboost that I beat up for 60k miles without any problems.....that rode and shifted better than my 15 Silverado does.

Thank God the 6.2L is a great engine otherwise truck would already be gone.

Didn't you say this is the first new truck you've bought? Sorry, but with the truck market today the pricing scheme from highest purchase price from highest to lowest is Ford, Toyota, GM, Dodge, Nissan. Do your homework bro, Ford makes a higher profit on the F150 BSBs the GM because they aren't dumping money on the hood on discounts. As for what people pay, MSRP is not a gauging point; few if any pay MSRP. Plus GM routinely offers money in the hood even to the most uninformed buyer without any issue, Ford not so much. Apples to apples is what people pay for a vehicle not MSRP.

MSRP Apple to Apple type comparisons not the discounts/Rebates etc.

Cost: GM,Ford,Dodge it's been that way for decades bro!

If I have to wait for 15,000 miles to get this baby to vibrate than looks like the shocks will be replaced? After reading the countless threads I would have to surmise shitty tires, shitty shocks and maybe some other shitty OEM part? I have now asked every Mother I see with one of these trucks, "does your truck shake" and they all say the same thing what?

Note: I just ripped it down the hwy at 85 mph Saturday morning nothing boys, NO SHAKE!

A reason Ford probably makes more money per truck is because the way Ford has the trims, you basically have to get a higher trim level to get something that you can get in a lower trim level in a GM or Dodge. So in a way it almost forces the buyer to want a higher trim level. Trust me I know because I used to work at the dealer that I got my truck from and they sell all new domestics except for GMC and Buick.

A reason Ford probably makes more money per truck is because the way Ford has the trims, you basically have to get a higher trim level to get something that you can get in a lower trim level in a GM or Dodge. So in a way it almost forces the buyer to want a higher trim level. Trust me I know because I used to work at the dealer that I got my truck from and they sell all new domestics except for GMC and Buick.

Toyota does this as well but not as bad as Ford.

Correct. For example just to get heated steering on an F150 Lariat trim, you have to go with the 502A trim package which comes with blind side monitoring and the Ford 360 degree view camera for an upcharge of $7K, which then sticker at $58K+. You can't even get leather on an XLT model anymore, yet on the Chevy you can on the midline LT or GMC SLE.

http://www.autoblog.com/2015/04/30/ford-f-150-profit-per-vehicle/

http://www.carbuzz.com/news/2016/3/9/Most-Profitable-Cars-Of-All-Time-The-Ford-F-150-7732368/

Archived