Agreed, the pricing structure on Ford gets pretty silly? GM usually has more cash on the hood for buyers and I am sure geography plays a part in pricing too! I could only guess/imagine how difficult it would be at a Toyota dealership and I will never know.......

We will have to see what Silveradobuyer16 decides after driving the Trucks. I would tell him that it's OK to be informed about the Chevy Vibration, Do know that you will have crap gas millage with Ecoboost! Wait until you pull with it up a grade.....It pulls fine actually great the gas goes out the tailpipe like nobody's business. Dude I work with just traded in his ecoboost and bought the Lariat V8 and told me he did not have problems with his ecoboost only electronic stuff that required fistful of money and only a 2012. Did mention he is done with turbo's and horrible MPG's. He did say if your pulling stuff it pulls no problem!

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Update: 2016 GMC CC 2wd 5.3 with 8speed!

600 miles on it and unfortunately the pedal feel of transmission shifting in 1-2-3 is now almost nonexistent! The rest have been indiscernible since driving off the lot. It went from buttery smooth to now super buttery smooth. I just took a friend around residential neighborhood 0-40 stop and go and he commented this thing is smooth unreal!

I was not really worried about vibrations when purchasing maybe slightly but more concerned with having a gay tranny driving me nuts! It has been a pleasure to drive to work and back! Hope more of you guys opt for 5.3 with 8speed it's just right!

• 3 weeks later...

The vibration issue is blown way out of proportion. It most likely less than 1% of trucks that have it like someone else mentioned.

Don't forget other manufacturers have issues with there trucks as well. I remember reading that the new F150 collision braking system would freak out around tanker trucks and apply the brakes suddenly. Also, Ecoboost.

My buddy has a 2014 Tacoma that has had a constant clunk from the front since he bought it. He found out a week ago that the frame is bent and Toyota stripped something when they tried to fix it.

They all have their issues.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Whatever dude....

Had Ecoboost for 60k miles with zero issues besides changing plugs (easy job at least)

Try driving hours on highway with the f.....g passenger seat and arm rest bouncing around.

Annoying as hell....

2 different sets of rims and tires make no difference (tho the 18"s ride nicer) vibe still there.

The 6.2L was only reason I came back to a Chev.....too bad rest of truck isn't as good as the motor.

Whatever dude....

Had Ecoboost for 60k miles with zero issues besides changing plugs (easy job at least)

Try driving hours on highway with the f.....g passenger seat and arm rest bouncing around.

Annoying as hell....

2 different sets of rims and tires make no difference (tho the 18"s ride nicer) vibe still there.

The 6.2L was only reason I came back to a Chev.....too bad rest of truck isn't as good as the motor.

I'm not saying that there isn't a vibration problem but there are some people on here that want you to believe that every truck has it but that is definitely not the case.

I came from a 2013 Mustang 5.0 and the car was utter trash. Had so many problems with it. First week I had it the damn engine started misfiring. 2 ECM programs and a sensor later it was good.

Like I said they all have their issues!

• 2 weeks later...

I purchased a 2014 Silverado double cab and from day one it always vibrated a little at highway speeds and I thought it was normal as I have always been a ford guy. I ended up having engine problems with my 2014 and it was traded in for a 2016 Silverado crew cab, I've had it almost two months and 6000 miles and it drives as smooth as glass. I never realized how much it vibrated until I drove another Chevy truck. The 2016 is a good choice.

Ok found out something today. Took my son Dodge 2500 front drive shaft in to be rebuilt at a drive shaft company( in business over 50 yrs). Asked them about the drive shafts and balancing them. He said chevused 2 ton u-joint on alot of the 1/2 tons and this is good, but also said they used thin wall drive shafts that tend to vibrate at higher speeds, they have had to fix several. 550 dollars to redo the drive shaft with stronger material. They say may fix the vibration issue, has anyone done this?

I'm I the only one who seen what this guy said? I've hear people swapping rims and tires, clamping leaf springs,changing the pinion angle... has anybody considered this? But then again if if this was true all truck would vibrate... nevermind carry on

The only people that think the chevy shake isn't a problem are the people whose trucks don't shake.

Mine has never had a vibration at any speed and I do think it's a problem. So good job on knowing everybody's thoughts. Even though only a small fraction of 1% (questimation) has vibration issues (so not as much as it seems if you go buy %s on the forum) I know it's still way too often. What does make it a little weird is that there's not a common denominator. It's different cab, bed and drivetrain configurations. It's all over the place so it's hard to figure out a fix. Also some have had better luck where they just replace a set or 2 of tires and it fixes it or the dealer makes it vibrate less but doesn't stop it completely. Then the real unlucky people haven't had it fixed or even get better no matter how many trips to the dealer.

• 3 weeks later...

our 2015 suburban has a vibration issue - new tires were installed & gm has offered a warranty extension because i expressed concerns about possible damage from the vibrations.

the vehicle also has electrical issues - the 12v accessory power outlets are not wired as diagramed - i discovered this when i was not able to use the diagram to find a blown fuse. gm issues a diagram update, but this does not address the issue in our vehicle. 3 of the 4 12v power outlets are wired to other fuses than the labels / manuel indicate. am still waiting on a resolution. am wondering if other circuits should be tested to ensure correct wiring / diagram....:)

my sense is that gm is making great efforts to manage the issue(s) including vibration and that the public does not know the scope of how many vehicles are affected. my guess, from the information i have is that significantly more than 1% of these vehicles are affected largely because of the difficulty gm seems to be having to actually solve the root problem as opposed to manage customer expectations of the symptom(s) vibration(s).

our 2004 suburban did not vibrate and had 168,000 miles and generic tires without road force balancing...

life has many challenges, my preference is to not have a new vibrating vehicle as one i must manage over time...

How many of you have actually talked to your local dealer service manager to get some idea what percentage of these 2014+ trucks actually have vibration issues? Well I have, and I was told that about 10% of new trucks sold by that dealership came back with vibration complaints within short time after purchase. So before you come up with "1% or less trucks vibrate claims" have some backing for these claims, as what you are posting is baseless!

How many of you have actually talked to your local dealer service manager to get some idea what percentage of these 2014+ trucks actually have vibration issues? Well I have, and I was told that about 10% of new trucks sold by that dealership came back with vibration complaints within short time after purchase. So before you come up with "1% or less trucks vibrate claims" have some backing for these claims, as what you are posting is baseless!

That's no different than going to a single mechanic shop and asking what make they work on the most and then saying that brand is the least reliable based one the one shop. That's still not an accurate number for all. I would say that there's over 1 million of the K2 trucks out there so 1% is 10,000 and I don't think it's that many complaints of vibration. If it is then it's right around that. I'm still not saying it's not a problem because I think it is. It's just again it just seems like it's more with the problem.

the lead mechanic at our local chevy dealer told me 75% of the vehicles have vibration issues. he believe the 2014 design update is 'too stiff'. i agree with his view on the new design being too stiff.

the service manager told me an exhaust system solution that should address vibration issues is coming from gm, just not sure when... i am skeptical that an exhaust change could resolve the vibration problem our suburban is experiencing... & believe gm will ultimately find a solution, but may need to make some design changes that are deep in the platform design to get it resolved....

we really like our 2015 suburban, just want the vibration issue resolved... & believe gm will get it done, eventually:)

Archived