RECALL: 2016 Sierra Denali STOP Ride/STOP Sell - 4/27/16 - Upper Cont

Ordered my 2016 Sierra Denali in December 2015. It finally showed up at the dealership yesterday and I was notified and setup a time Friday to pick it up. They now called me this afternoon and indicated the front upper control arms have been recalled and a STOP sell is in place and can't leave the lot.

Apparently there is a "poor quality weld near the control arm’s bushing"...the recall status is listed as "INCOMPLETE. REMEDY NOT YET AVAILABLE" and affects: 2016 Cadillac Escalade, Cadillac Escalade ESV, Chevrolet Silverado 1500, Chevrolet Suburban, Chevrolet Tahoe, GMC Sierra, GMC Yukon, and GMC Yukon XL vehicles.

Pretty bummed and the salesman is pissed he can't sell it before month end; he even went as far as trying to switch the controls arms out with an unaffected Sierra on the lot but that didn't work out. He said there is no status on parts and said it could take anywhere from two days to possibly even a month before parts are allocated.

This is after the fact that I purchased a 2016 Polaris Rzr XP 1000 High Lifter two weeks ago and three days later Polaris issued a recall on 130k units with (4) different total recalls for it. Can't catch a break.

Here is a link to my vin with the recall. I don't see any articles about this.

Archived