Clicking when USB plugged in

Noticed a continuous clicking in my truck. After eliminating things I finally figured out that when I have a usb plugged in (I use it to charge my phone) there is a clicking sound that comes from the console. Both when the truck is on and when off. It only stops making the clicking sound once I unplug it from the truck. It makes this sound regardless of whether the micro usb on the other end is connected to something like my phone or not. Anyone else noticed this? I'm wondering if there is a flaw in my truck, or if this happens with everyone. 2015 Silverado 1500 LTZ.

Mine does it all the time it's at the shop now, but the three USB ports on dash area are not working that might be why. Took it too West Point in Houston for USB ports and my A/C compressor froze up and burned the belt off. 19000 miles. The shop guy that listen to it first said its a kids toy in here making that noise. I told him no, he then looked all over with a flash light after not finding anything under the seats or in the consoles. He told me that you can't hear it with the radio on. Don't you listen to the radio he said. I just gave him a blank look took a deep breath and said fix it. Will see what they come up with. Besides that dumb comment the dealership has always treated me fair and does good work. 2015 All Terrian

I havent had this happen but it really sounds like a bad connection with the usb slot and the cable almost a static effect. And yeah dont you listen to the radio just turn it up and all the other noises just dissapear ( insert sarcasm ) rock on man or at least that is what I would have said to the guy.

Please post when you guys find a resolution.

Archived