0 or -12 offset?

Thanks man! Your truck is the reason i went with this size lol. Wanted the height without so much of the width. My MPG went down about 1-1.5, nothing major. As far as the suspension I should have listened to you guys. I went with a kit that put 3 inchs in the front and 1 in the back. Looked awesome and rode really good. Once I got the new tires on it looked exactly the way I wanted, it was perfect but I noticed it was a rougher ride and it had a lot of bump steer. I couldn't take the bump steer issue and relized it was bc of bad geometry of the front end. In the end i ended up dropping the front end down to around 2 1/2 inchs, cleared everything up and drives decent again. Trimmed just a tiny bit of plastic but that was all.

Thanks for the reply man. I'm not sure why my truck was the reason, since I'm rolling on dinky little 275/65/18's, haha. Anyway, it's good to know that you're happy with your setup, because it looks really good. Did you use the Tuff Country 3.5" kit or the Zone Offroad 3"?

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks for the reply man. I'm not sure why my truck was the reason, since I'm rolling on dinky little 275/65/18's, haha. Anyway, it's good to know that you're happy with your setup, because it looks really good. Did you use the Tuff Country 3.5" kit or the Zone Offroad 3"?

Sorry I think I mixed u up with wade lol, I think he's the one with the white truck with 35's. I did use the tuff country but never went to the 3.5 inch, I kept it at 3. After driving it and dealing with that damn bump steer I put it down a little further so im probably around 2 1/2- 2 3/4 inch. If I had to do it all over again i prob would have went with a real 4 inch lift. Live and learn I guess, I still might pull this kit and get a 4 inch, not sure yet.

Sorry I think I mixed u up with wade lol, I think he's the one with the white truck with 35's. I did use the tuff country but never went to the 3.5 inch, I kept it at 3. After driving it and dealing with that damn bump steer I put it down a little further so im probably around 2 1/2- 2 3/4 inch. If I had to do it all over again i prob would have went with a real 4 inch lift. Live and learn I guess, I still might pull this kit and get a 4 inch, not sure yet.

Haha gotcha. That makes sense. I think both of those kits are good, if you don't go the full 3". You should be fine since you cranked it down a bit. But yes, if you're wanting more height, then a 4" lift cranked down to 3.5" would be a good option that would probably ride like stock.

• 3 weeks later...

Which kit are you guys talking about? Do you have part #'s
I have had my truck for few months now and still looking. I was deciding on the readylift kit 69-3422 (kit is designed for truck with tow package, and i want to keep rake look) after speaking with their tech guys. It has new UCA, tie rods to correct geometry and usual leveling kit stuff to give 4" front/2" rear. I am also upgrading to fox shocks all around.
I am just concerned about this bump steer you speak of. Do you think I will have this issue?

Also, they claim I CAN use stock wheels with up to 35"x12.5" tire but will rub UCA, recommend 34".

Which kit are you guys talking about? Do you have part #'s

I have had my truck for few months now and still looking. I was deciding on the readylift kit 69-3422 (kit is designed for truck with tow package, and i want to keep rake look) after speaking with their tech guys. It has new UCA, tie rods to correct geometry and usual leveling kit stuff to give 4" front/2" rear. I am also upgrading to fox shocks all around.

I am just concerned about this bump steer you speak of. Do you think I will have this issue?

Also, they claim I CAN use stock wheels with up to 35"x12.5" tire but will rub UCA, recommend 34".

The Zone 3" is here: http://zoneoffroad.com/zone-offroad-products-3in-suspension-lift-kit-chevy-gmc/c37n-c38n

And the Tuff Country 3.5" is here: http://www.tuffcountry.com/lift-kits/chevy/silverado-2500hd-3500hd/

Both kits are very similar to the Readylift kit, except for the tie rods. If you're wanting around 4" of front lift, I'd stay away from any of the above kits (because they're really just glorified leveling kits that allow you to crank the crap out of your torsion bars) and go with a full on 4"-5" suspension lift like this one: http://zoneoffroad.com/zone-offroad-products-3-5in-suspension-lift-kit-chevy-gmc-pickup/c12n-c13n

You can crank a 5" kit down to 4"-4.5" and it will ride really nice. Or, you can run one of those 3"-3.5" kits cranked down to 2.5" and get a pretty good ride too.

Edit: And if you're wanting a 35" tire but you're worried about rubbing the UCA, then look into a 285/75/18. They're 35" tall, but not as wide as a 35x12.50 (closer to 11.25" I believe). You can get them in a Cooper AT3, Toyo AT2, Toyo RT, Toyo MT, Nitto Terra Grappler G2, and Nitto Trail Grappler MT.

Well that being said that they are almost identical, would'nt that make the Readylift kit better? I mean, (in addition to same parts) you get new tie rods that are not only indexed to keep geometry correct with new UCA, that are beefier than stock. Also claim to get almost 4", so if you keep it around 3.5 to keep ride nice you would be good to go.

I am not set on going 35", I actually want to try keep my rims cuz i like em and just get new tires. I believe i can acheive this with ready lift kit.

I am just exploring all options before i get this kit. And price wise, this kit Readylift 69-3422 is $900, with the new rods and 2" rear blocks, and is for my truck with tow package. I believe it has wider and longer u bolts.

As far as the tires go, I want to get the softest tire in the size i want as to keep the ride somewhat comfortable.

Thoughts? Comments...please

Yes, I suppose the Readylift kit is better than those other two, because of the tie rods. However, on all three of those kits, you're still getting the lift by putting more twist on the torsion bars....in which case I wouldn't recommend going over 3" on any of those. In fact, 2.5" would be even better if you're concerned about the ride.

Just my two cents....I think you'll be better off to install any of those 3 kits and keep the lift under 3",,..,,or buy a legit 5" suspension lift and crank it down a bit if it's too tall.

Yes, I suppose the Readylift kit is better than those other two, because of the tie rods. However, on all three of those kits, you're still getting the lift by putting more twist on the torsion bars....in which case I wouldn't recommend going over 3" on any of those. In fact, 2.5" would be even better if you're concerned about the ride.

Just my two cents....I think you'll be better off to install any of those 3 kits and keep the lift under 3",,..,,or buy a legit 5" suspension lift and crank it down a bit if it's too tall.

I dont think you are putting more twist on the bars. The whole point of installing new reindexed keys is to avoid that. The keys and bars have factory tension , but are just indexed differently. That is why you should not crank up your stock keys all way, but get new ones indexed for the lift you want to achieve. Also, i think i can get good 3" from a 4" kit and have ride factory if not better. Its those big mud tires that give you the stiff ride.

I will be installing fox shocks all around as well to compensate for the stiff tires when in fact i do do this. I dont want the full kit, I'd rather the "bolt-on" kit as it will not void warranty, and no welding or cutting involved.

I dont think you are putting more twist on the bars. The whole point of installing new reindexed keys is to avoid that. The keys and bars have factory tension , but are just indexed differently. That is why you should not crank up your stock keys all way, but get new ones indexed for the lift you want to achieve. Also, i think i can get good 3" from a 4" kit and have ride factory if not better. Its those big mud tires that give you the stiff ride.

I will be installing fox shocks all around as well to compensate for the stiff tires when in fact i do do this. I dont want the full kit, I'd rather the "bolt-on" kit as it will not void warranty, and no welding or cutting involved.

Yes, that's how the suspension companies market those kits, but you may want to do a bit more research. I've heard from many knowledgeable folks that reindexed keys do the same thing as cranking the stock ones. The way I understand it, you're still putting more twist on the bars, no matter how you slice it. The new keys just start providing tension earlier, so you've got more bolt to work with before they're maxed out. The torsion bars end up doing the same thing...getting twisted more than stock. If that's the case, then I still wouldn't recommend going more than 2.5" without going to a full suspension lift. I'd hate to see you drop that much coin on that readylift kit and be unhappy with the ride. Might want to do some more research...

The guy I am dealing with guarantee almost 4" with his experience as tech Rep. And a company man. But I hear ya. I just want few inches and to keep factory geometry with new stronger parts I will be happy. If I cannot bolt on a kit I will not do it. Either way I have time to think, I don't plan on doing anything until after I plow this season I want to see how the truck performs stock with the plow. Then I will have something to compare to when I lift it.

The guy I am dealing with guarantee almost 4" with his experience as tech Rep. And a company man. But I hear ya. I just want few inches and to keep factory geometry with new stronger parts I will be happy. If I cannot bolt on a kit I will not do it. Either way I have time to think, I don't plan on doing anything until after I plow this season I want to see how the truck performs stock with the plow. Then I will have something to compare to when I lift it.

Gotcha. I'm not doubting that you can get 4" from that kit. I'm just highly doubtful that it'll ride like you want it to, even with the fox shocks. But, like you said, at least you've got plenty of time to look into it and research your options. Good luck with your shopping, that's the fun part! :thumbs:

Here's another option: http://www.roughcountry.com/gm-suspension-lift-kit-1959c.html

Nice find.. Thanks!

What size blocks does it come with? RL kit come with 2" blocks so I keep rake.

And why only Max 33" when all these other kits say larger?

Another question for you is do you think those shocks are like fox 2.0 I was going to get with RL kit? If both gas filled I guess right?

Nice find.. Thanks!

What size blocks does it come with? RL kit come with 2" blocks so I keep rake.

And why only Max 33" when all these other kits say larger?

Another question for you is do you think those shocks are like fox 2.0 I was going to get with RL kit? If both gas filled I guess right?

No problem man. I actually posted a question on the FAQ page, asking how tall the rear block was and how much it dropped the differential. They haven't answered yet.

And I'm not sure why they say 33's are the limit, especially when the midnight edition on that same page is running 295/70/18's. My guess is that they have to be super conservative to allow for the occasional guy that takes their truck hardcore offroading. I would think 34's would fit easily....maybe even 35's with a little trimming (although you might rub the frame at full lock).

Those shocks are probably better than the stockers (and would be the proper length), but I doubt their in the same ball park as Fox 2.0's. From what I hear, Fox shocks are pretty much the best you can buy these days. I'm a tight wad, so I'd just run the RC shocks, haha. Plus, Fox shocks are probably overkill for most people's driving styles.

What do you guys think about the bds 4" lift? I have been looking at the cognito stage 4, but for another grand (its only money, right? Ha..) you get a very well built lift..

Archived