0 or -12 offset?

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What do you guys think about the bds 4" lift? I have been looking at the cognito stage 4, but for another grand (its only money, right? Ha..) you get a very well built lift..

Yeah, that's a full blown lift kit, which would be a better option than one of the glorified leveling kits. And, BDS has always been known to make good products (and have a good warranty), but they're on the expensive side.

What do you guys think about the bds 4" lift? I have been looking at the cognito stage 4, but for another grand (its only money, right? Ha..) you get a very well built lift..

That is a full lift kit with some cutting and welding required. And you cannot use stock rims.

The kits we are talking about here are all bolt on as to not void warranty and can be removed if need be.

That is a full lift kit with some cutting and welding required. And you cannot use stock rims.

The kits we are talking about here are all bolt on as to not void warranty and can be removed if need be.

Yes, you're right. Good points! I should have mentioned that too!

• 1 month later...

I have hostile Knuckles on mine 20x9 with 0 offset. Wrapped in 295 60r 20. They stick out about 3/4 of an inch or so.

Nice looking truck! What leveling kit did you use?

yibiT2J.jpg

GW4rE0M.jpg

0Fi2oHY.jpg

I have hostile Knuckles on mine 20x9 with 0 offset. Wrapped in 295 60r 20. They stick out about 3/4 of an inch or so.

Nice looking truck! What leveling kit did you use?

yibiT2J.jpg

GW4rE0M.jpg

0Fi2oHY.jpg

• 1 month later...

I'm running a 22x12 -44 offset with 33x12.50x22 tires. All I have is a ready lift leveling kit and some cognito upper control arms and fox 2.0's all the way around and I don't rub.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I'm running a 22x12 -44 offset with 33x12.50x22 tires. All I have is a ready lift leveling kit and some cognito upper control arms and fox 2.0's all the way around and I don't rub.

Why did you use Cognito UCA with the ready lift kit? I have Ready lift kit 69-3512 on my bench ready to install and it came with everything needed for the lift. Including shocks that fit. I am planning FOX shocks if i dont like these but it was practically nothing to get them to try for the time being. My kit has new keys, new UCA, diff drop spacers, and stronger tie rods with the changed angle to keep all geometry correct. Cant wait to install it!

I have 295/70 R18 ready to go on the stock rims, with 1-1/2" spacers to correct the off set and not rub...well thats the plan.

• 2 weeks later...

When I put my rough country 3.5 inch lift I bought the steering stabilizer for another 35$ and what I difference with no bump steer with my 33x12.5x20s. The gm have the brackets all ready you just have to buy the stabilizer. So you guys are running 0 offset with 35s I want to get 35x12.5 20s bc way cheaper then metric tire sizes I just don't want to much rubbing?

• 1 month later...

When I put my rough country 3.5 inch lift I bought the steering stabilizer for another 35$ and what I difference with no bump steer with my 33x12.5x20s. The gm have the brackets all ready you just have to buy the stabilizer. So you guys are running 0 offset with 35s I want to get 35x12.5 20s bc way cheaper then metric tire sizes I just don't want to much rubbing?

Did u have pretty bad bump steer before the stabilizer? I have 35x12.5r20s and the bump steer is pretty bad. Luckily I found a bds stabilizer for my truck, gonna install it today hopefully. Unfortunately on the 2016 there isn't a bracket for it, so it's a bit more labor intensive then on a 2011-15.5

I have 37x12.5x20 on 9" wide wheels with 0 offset. They stick out about 3/4-1". Love the way it looks and rides better than stock thanks to the Bilstein shocks. BTW I have a Fabtech 6" lift with zero rubbing and only had to trim the front plastic lower valence.

Truck

truck1

Archived