Sign in to follow this  
Gorehamj

2017 Corvette Grand Sport Starts Lower Than You Think

post-139450-0-44353500-1462201231_thumb.jpg

John Goreham
Contributing Writer, GM-Trucks.com
5/2/2016

The 2017 Corvette Grand Sport will start at $66,445 for coupe models and $70,445 for convertibles when the new trim goes on sale this fall. These "starting prices" are always a little deceiving. With options like the Z07 package which includes carbon ceramic brakes, five custom wheel choices and available carbon fiber ground effects prices can quickly climb. Still, $70K for a track-ready Corvette is bargain. The Grand Sport uses the LT1 V8 with 460 hp. For more details on the newest Corvette Trim for 2017, please see our prior story.

post-139450-0-68910500-1462201293_thumb.jpg

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By josh312
      Alright so I have this idea and I don't know if its possible or not. Camaro's have an option where you can have illuminated door panels, I would like to do something similar in 2017 silverado. I have already added interior door piping that matches the exterior color of the truck. I would like to take that same concept but use EL wire instead of the silver piping to create illuminated door panels. I dont want to do too much but I think it would add a little more to the interior and be different. 

My thoughts are to get some EL wire with the welting attached to it and place it where the current piping is. But the part I am on the fence about would be what to wire it to. These doors have the lights in the handles that dim with the main dimmer for all of the dash. I was wondering if it could be wired into the circuit that way it would be the same brightness as all the other illumination on the dash. But if you have ever messed with EL wire before, it runs of AC current. You need a 12v driver for them to operate off of a 12v system.

Would it be better to run 1 inverter that would power all 4 doors and then have to run the wire through the whole cab or purchase 4 smaller inverters and place them in behind the door panels. If I was to only use 1 inverter I could possibly connect it to the main dimmer switch instead of the doors circuit. But these lights should not pull alot of current so I'm unsure which would be the best way.

In these picture on my door panel the silver line coming from where the window switch is, is the piping. Thats where the EL wire would go. If i used 1 driver i would need to use a 4 way splitter to go to each door. I have attched a picture of multiple drivers, these things come in all different sizes. The driver i would use if I did 4 different inverters is used to power up to 2 meters of wire. The amount in would be powering would be way shorter then that and the inverter is about 1 inch by 2 inch, so very small. The 1 big inverter option is pretty good size and also is rated to power up to 15 meters.

This should be relatively cheap

4 drivers = $28
      EL wire= $15
      connectors= $15
      so about $60

I believe I have found a color that matches the chevy color, the aqua color is pretty dang close if not identical. For the sierra guys, they make red as well. 

You would need connectors so you can cut the EL wire to length for the door, It is pretty easy to wire the connector to the EL wire. Most use a 2 pin JST wire connection and you can get a kit with 10 connectors and heat shrink for like $10. I am just wondering if anybody has thought of this or done this and how. If you have any experience with EL wire please chime in.

• By Goku760
      Everytime i turn on my truck i get a message saying ,"steering assist reduced drive with care"
      I took it to the dealer but they didnt want to work on it sence its lifted and all of the warranty is voided. Sounds like bs to me?? Any one with similar issue ?!?!? Its a 2017 silverado z71
    • By Gorehamj

John Goreham
      Contributing Writer, GM-Trucks.com
      1-3-2017
      General Motors found the silver lining in a year that saw a slight decline in sales. GM opted to highlight Chevrolet’s increase in retail market share to begin its 2017 sales recap. GM says that its Chevrolet retail market share is “Up one point since 2015.” Lower in the sales overview GM actually clarifies that it is up to 11.2% in retail sales since late 2014 at which time its retail market share was 10.2%. Chevy has gained a bit of retail sales market share in each of the past three years, showing steady progress. Despite the retail gains, Chevy was down 1.5% in total sales.

Buick had a good year overall with new model introductions, but its shift away from cars is the real news. Buick is now a crossover company with a few car models gathering dust. 80% of Buick’s retail sales are crossovers. Three-quarters of them are made outside of North America. The top-seller is the subcompact Encore followed by the Chinese-built and imported Envision midsize/compact crossover.  Buick ended the year down about 5% in sales.

Cadillac was down 8% in the U.S. this year. The only really bright sales news is the XT5 crossover which sells well among its peers. Cadillac cars continue to decline. The ATS and CTS were down 39 and 35% for the year.

The Bolt electric vehicle did very well in its segment, finishing second overall among all U.S. EVs and first among affordable EVs. With its sales continuing to climb, the Bolt has proven itself a success in its first full year of sales.

Trucks were also a highlight. GM confirms that it sold more pickups than any other automaker in 2017. Yes, that includes the Canyon and Colorado. Heading into 2018, the biggest GM news will be the new Silverado and Sierra. We expect to know more about those two in the coming weeks.
    • By Frank Jr
      Just bought this 2017 LTZ Z71 Had dealer put on 6 inch lift and 35" tires and rims with fender flares and running 4' tubes  Full warrantee I may add.  
    • By PB17Sierra
      New to the forum as of a couple of weeks ago but just saw this page tonight. 

Vehicles: 
      1998 GMC SIERRA SLT 1500 5.7 
      +True Dual Flowmaster Delta Flow 50      Series Exhaust System 
      +Bakflip Fibermax Bed Cover
      +Billet Grille
      +Kenwood Excelon GPS Unit w/Apple Car Play
      +JL Audio 13.5” W5 sub with Hertz Component Speakers/JLA Amp

2017 GMC SIERRA SLT 5.3L 
      +True Dual Flowmaster Delta Flow 50      Series Exhaust System
      +AFE Momentum GT Pro 5R CAI
      +AFE Throttle Body Spacer
      +Diablo Intune i3 Tuner
      +Bakflip F1 Bed Cover w/Bakbox
      +Denali Grille Insert
      +Katskin Leather Seat CoverS
      +Weathertech Floor Mats
      +Window Tints

(installing AFE/Diablo mods this week with help from a buddy. Exhaust installed last week)

I am a high school teacher and head baseball coach. I also own a lawncare business. 

Thanks
         Patrick B