2016 w/LED headlights

Just purchased a 2016 High Country. I love the LED headlamps. However, about every second vehicle gives me the high beam treatment. Has anyone adjusted there's down a little? Coming from a non HID or LED headlight vehicle, I know these beams are bright.

It's strange because people did it to me fairly often for the first couple of weeks on the road. However, it seems as though as more and more 2016's hit the road people are getting used to them.

Heck most people around here drive around with their highs on because both of the low beams are burnt out, hitting them with the high beam doesn't even phase them.

Heck most people around here drive around with their highs on because both of the low beams are burnt out, hitting them with the high beam doesn't even phase them.

LOL, see that often here in Portland too. Lots of sedans driving around with high beams and they don't care even when I flash them to let them know.

I adjusted mine down a little on my '16. They were aimed so high that there was little difference between the low and high beams. All it takes is a 6mm allen wrench to adjust them thru the hole just above the headlights.

I adjusted mine down a little on my '16. They were aimed so high that there was little difference between the low and high beams. All it takes is a 6mm allen wrench to adjust them thru the hole just above the headlights.

Hoosier, interesting, mine looks like a Phillips head. I'll probably adjust them a little tonight in front of the garage door. Yeah, mine are so high the road signs blind me out. ;)

Go to a dark place with a wall (i.e. back of a shopping mall or something) at night. Verify the beam alignment & measurements. If it's in spec then oh well...it's not your fault they have lower cars. An easy general gauge to test with is that if you are driving in the approximate area of a car's blind spot then your beam should not be in their driver's side mirror. If it is, then the beam is likely too high.

Same concept for traveling at a normal distance behind someone; the beam should not be in their rear view mirror. It should be around the top of their trunk lid.

I have the same issue on my '16 LTZ. Headlights and Fogs were aimed WAY too high.

Did the proper measurements and aligned everything myself, and all is good now, and even brighter than it was before.

Archived