2016 Yukon Unknown "recall"

My wife bought a 2016 Yukon new in the first half of April 2016. Drove it a couple weeks and out of the blue got a call from a guy claiming to be from the dealership saying there was an unknown safety issue with it, they'd be picking it up, and dropping a loaner. We'd never been contacted that way about a recall issue, but by mail, and then we'd have to follow up. It was almost like dealing with high pressure sales person. We were a little suspicious and checked it out with direct calls to the dealer. Turned out to be legit, but there has been no actual recall issued. All the dealer will say is that it is a safety issue with the suspension, that GM told them to pick them all up, and they are awaiting repair instructions/parts. I wish we'd never let them pick it up without a recall, because now we feel like GM has the upper hand with a vehicle we're making payments on, but not using.

Does anyone know what the issue is or had this happen recently. I've read about the noise/cabin/roof issues. We haven't noticed any issue in the 2 weeks we drove it. After having an Acadia where they recalled the wiper fluid heater and the fix was to just disconnect the fluid heater, I'm a little more than suspicious at this point.

Thanks

GM is serious here. Your truck is a death trap. Here come the tow trucks to take them away!

https://www.yahoo.com/news/gm-asks-owners-stop-driving-152600874.html

Thanks OJ. 1 out of 790. Couldn't win anything except this with those odds. Campaign 16V256000. So what damage should I watch out for after they cut out the bad part and weld the replacement part. Going to be interesting if rust develops there.

Thanks OJ. 1 out of 790. Couldn't win anything except this with those odds. Campaign 16V256000. So what damage should I watch out for after they cut out the bad part and weld the replacement part. Going to be interesting if rust develops there.

The way I read it, they are just replacing the upper A arms with ones that were properly welded. Shouldnt be any cutting/welding on the truck itself.

Got the Yukon back after about a week and a half. The a arms where replaced. One thing I noticed is the replacement part wasn't coated in the same stuff as the rest of the frame is. I need to look at another one, but does anyone else know if the a arms are usually coated in the same oil/grease that the rest of the frame is? If so, wondering if that would be a rust issue down the road?

Archived