2016 Suburban LTZ Piece of Junk

I have a 2016 Suburban LTZ that GM replaced my 15 Suburban LTZ with. The 16 is a bigger piece of JUNK than the 15 was.

Dash Rattles

Steering wheel still grinds even after replacement

Vibrations

Roof Buffeting

Driver Door Rattles and the panel is loose

Seatbelt panels rattle

Electrical malfunctions

Power boards rattle

All kinds of other issues.

The best part though is when you are sitting parked and a piece falls out of the dash into the floorboard. That is quality right there. What makes that even worse is that the piece did not even belong in the dash. It was a space divider that went in the back of the vehicle. No one can explain to me how this part ended up in the dash.

The 16 has now spent over 78 days in the shop. I filed lemon law and GM ignored me. I filed arbitration and they could not ignore me anymore. I simply want my money back. I go to my hearing on May 17th. They have hired a lawyer and I have one to. Going to be interesting to see if their high priced lawyer makes the trip from New York to the hearing location over a 1000 miles away.

If I had agreed to take a 3rd one of these things they are calling a SUV with a $74,000 sticker on it, they would have settled with me, but because I want my money back, they are fighting back. I have wasted a year and a half fighting with GM and their awful vehicles. If the arbitrator will grant me my money back out of this awful deal, GM will never have to worry about me parking my behind in another vehicle they manufacture.

What really set it off is when the DM told the service manager it was his job to repair the vehicle and he would just have to do what he could do. The service manager had called him in to get him to send down an engineer. He refused and then he looked at me and told me I expected too much out of my car. That is when I told him in some utterly foul language that GM expected too much out of their price.

I get pissed off every time I go to get in my vehicle. The first five payments I made on this piece of crap it was sitting in the shop. The only reason it was not in the shop for the last payment is because it can no longer be worked on while in arbitration. Otherwise, it would have been in the shop.

I thought my 13 year old was just complaining when she said the 3rd seat was like a piece of plywood. Once I saw others complaining about the 3rd seat, I realized she was right.

Oh, I can't wait to see them at the hearing. I hope I win and they have to just give me my money.

Good luck. You either have bad luck or there is another side to the story. I hate dealers too

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

x2.....Been there, done that, with a POS Plymouth Volare - learned my lesson - now, I don't hate dealers - I negotiate with them - found an excellent dealer and sticking with him.

One lemon maybe, two lemons unlikely, problem may lie elsewhere. And he can count on GM sending a lawyer half way around the world if you piss them off enough and they feel they have taken due diligence and have a valid case. Hope the arbitrator sees it his way, otherwise he'll still be driving a Chevy and his lawyer the Mercedes.

With recent GM quality control... 2 lemons is very likely. That's where I am right now.

My first truck was repurchased, my 2nd one is not even a week old yet and its going into the shop tomorrow for a severe stutter that makes me think its going to stall out at idle.

I'm not doing a 2nd vehicle or fighting them anymore. They've exhausted me and jut broken my faith in the brand that I've been raised to love since I was a child. It's a sad feeling.

Please keep us informed as to what happens.

As you can tell, they are going to make it hard for you to get a refund, but you have a great case

"good" ones are out there, you just need to test drive a lot of them

If you're willing to try again, see if they will let you pick out one from your regional area, go drive them and then have the dealers do a trade

I would like for the ones who have good ones to please post how many they drove before finding one. I can count 9 in my local 20 mile radius that are starting to have problems, have problems as bad as mine, or the problems are much worse.

I have been more than patient with GM. The dash is all out of alignment in my Suburban. They are trying to tell me that is normal. If that were normal, the other ones would be out of alignment. On the first one they replaced, I allowed GM to take it to a body shop and put extra rivets in the roof to try and help the car. Needless to say, that made it much worse. My dealership has been more than WONDERFUL! They have given me loaner cars the entire time and they have done everything they can. That is why the service manager solicited for an engineer of which he was denied. However, after the vehicle has been put in arbitration, they want to send in an engineer then. It is TOO LATE! You are not allowed to work on the vehicle once it is in arbitration. GM should have sent the engineer back in February when we ask for one.

I ask on the last replacement if I could go and drive several and then have them trade it to the dealer. GM told me no that they could only build one and ship it in unless I took one off of the lot at the dealer. They said they could not force a dealership to give up a car. I must say they are much different than Ford. I had a 2010 Expedition with frame issues. Ford immediately sent in an engineer, found the problem, said it could not be repaired, and they forced a Ford dealer in Memphis Tennessee over 600 miles away to give up one just like the one I had a year newer.

I would graciously love to have another, but the emotional rollercoaster has been overwhelming. Besides, my husband said it would be a Navigator L or Expedition EL from this point forward. This vehicle is causing my kids headaches and things like that.

They can make it hard for me all they want. I am willing to fight. There is someone in California that has been through 2 2015's and just went through arbitration with a 2016. He ended up winning again. I have also found several others who are on there second and third one. As I said above, they would graciously give me another one, but I simply want my money back.

I would like for the ones who have good ones to please post how many they drove before finding one. I can count 9 in my local 20 mile radius that are starting to have problems, have problems as bad as mine, or the problems are much worse.

I never order a vehicle from the mfr. or you get pot luck on the build, date of mfr and the assembly plant, you can always get a hands on drive of a similarly equipped if not identical vehicle off a dealer's lot for less because certain incentives may expire during the build. Had over 2 dozen similar 4WD vehicles in 4 lots within a 35 mile radius to choose and bargain.

Drove four 4WD 2016s at a MD, dealer 2 were crew cab long beds; 2 were Z71s standard bed all with less than 200 miles all rode fine, all the Z71 rumbled more at low speeds, probably the knobby Bridgestones, decided on the on the Z71 and took the lowball price to my WV dealer. There I tried 4 more all Z71s standard bed 2 with cloth and 2 with leather..1 with over 250 miles which I drove for 25 miles ..found the leather seats softened some of the Z71 tire ride....all the test drives confused the dealers more than they tried to confuse me and then decided on the other leather Z71 DC standard bed with 6 miles. None appeared to have problems other than a lack of pep for not being broken in. My Z71 has over 1500 miles and still purrs like a kitten and no vibrations on a smooth road but annoying tire noise on concrete roadbeds, only service was the free auto android software update which took over 3 hours because of a slow server.........during the wait about 30 vehicles rolled through the service reception area, mine being the only Silverado. Of course I can't be bothered nitpicking every noise or rattle, sorry, but none of the vehicles I drove exhibited a mechanical defect warranting a visit to the dealer for service.

Problem vehicles may have a higher defect rate dependent upon which regional GM assembly plant produced the vehicle......custom order builds rather than pre-assembled dealer stock from inventory may be from a different location with different quotas or be on a tighter build schedule.

• 1 month later...

They must gave thrown her in jail eh?

Actually, I am not in jail. I am enjoying my nice Toyota Sequoia after GM settled out with me 3 days before the hearing. I received a full refund and only paid them $127 for putting 9863 miles on the 2016. I am glad to be free of GM products and not have to deal with these issues no more. Two of these bad Suburban's were enough for me.

Any news on your vehicle?

GM bought my second Suburban back and gave me a full refund. I never even made it to the hearing. Three days before the hearing they settled out and agreed to pay my attorney. I am enjoying my new Toyota Sequoia. I don't have any parts falling out of the dash, rattles, oil leaks, vibrations and roof problems. I also don't have a grinding steering wheel.

Not sure about if anybody in my area have problems with their '14+ trucks. The only real problem with mine is that I can't seem to find anything wrong with it, I feel left out on here sometimes. The trans did act funny at first but that was just because it was in "learn" mode and after a couple thousand miles it stopped and now works perfectly. The other thing was just loose nuts for the u-bolts on the rear axle and I can only assume the TQ wrench that they use wasn't calibrated right at the assembly plant because everybody seems to have them loose. I re-torqued them and no clunk or anything from the rear. Before I did that I would sometimes get a clunk from the rear end when I got on the throttle.

Oh and so far my '14 has been the only K2 truck I've driven. I told the salesman my criteria in what I wanted. He came back and asked what color I wanted; black red or blue. I said black so he went and drove it to the front where I then test drove it. After that we talked about it and I left with the truck. I didn't test drive a bunch of trucks and it didn't take more than one truck to get one that didn't give problems. I guess I'm one of the lucky ones.

Archived