Time to say goodbye to my 2nd Denali

Well, after much disappointment, frustration, loss of funds and giving up the GM Employee discount I am cutting my loses and headaches by moving on to another manufacturer.

The second Yukon Denali that was obtained by GM trade assistance to replace the first one that had many issues due to vibrations, booming and buffeting ended up with almost the same issues. The first 504 miles were smooth as silk and we were happier than all get out. Best ride of any of the vehicles I had owned. Then the issues started. One new issue with the replacement Denali was that when started it would ride smooth and quiet with no vibrations or buffeting. The next time you start it it would ride like it was on stutter bumps or rumble strips with the hard hard ride, booming and buffeting. It would do this at random and started at 505 miles. Now its trade bait with a new non-GM vehicle already ordered.

So done with the GM products and hopefully the headaches along with the frustrations.

Best ride of any of the vehicles I had owned.

So done with the GM products and hopefully the headaches along with the frustrations.

I agree it's one of the best riding vehicles I've ever owned, mine still rides like butter after almost 30 months of ownership. But you are a better man than me, there is no way I would have tolerated booming, buffeting, vibrations, or pressure in my truck, let alone two. Good on you, get you something worth the money you pay.

I don't blame you. Hopefully I will get all my money back in the next 40 days. If I don't, then I am taking my Suburban LTZ out of town and trading it on a non GM product as well. This has been so stressful and it should not be. You would think you are building a house from the ground up and dealing with that kind of stress with purchasing one of these vehicles.

It seems as if 250 and 500 miles are the deal breakers for these cars. If you don't have problems by 250 miles then you pray you make it to 500 miles. Either way, I am done! I have had a 2015 and 2016.

The only ones I have found that people own and seem to be having no trouble with are white ones. I am not sure what color everyone else has, but mine are black and so are all the other ones that seem to be having trouble. There are a few of the dark gray ones giving trouble as well also.

Archived