2016 Tuning advice! Kory Willis or Idaho Rob? Or...?

gallery_128508_4078_9642.jpg

Justin text me back saying they do swap between Blackbear and ATP Trucks. He did a great job in person on my old 6.2L and Idaho Rob did a good job on a friends older Duramax. At this point I plan on not deleting anything, but I'm sure it will be done one day. Here's a pic of my old Cummins! 742Hp/1340Tq

Why so much smoke/unburnt fuel? Nice looking ride, btw

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Amazing. That pickup puts out more smoke in a just that shot than my pre-emission semi truck does all week running 2500 miles under full load. I suppose it looks "cool" to some. I just shake my head. It is that stuff that has caused the EPA Nazis to pile on the emissions stuff and inflate the costs into the stratosphere for commercial truck buyers.

Amazing. That pickup puts out more smoke in a just that shot than my pre-emission semi truck does all week running 2500 miles under full load. I suppose it looks "cool" to some. I just shake my head. It is that stuff that has caused the EPA Nazis to pile on the emissions stuff and inflate the costs into the stratosphere for commercial truck buyers.

ever been to a truck and tractor pull? when you are running at near full boost, and have the throttle that far down, there is no way to burn all of the fuel being dumped to the cylinder. that's just how it works.. there is a difference between johnny redneck rolling coal at every stop light and smoking out the car next to and behind him, and the smoke coming from a boosted launch at a truck pull or while doing dyno runs.

I run full boost several times a day, quite often several times an hour, with my semi truck, with no DPF, and don't put that much smoke out, cumulatively, in a week. The only reason they do is due to over fueling. Read that as, stupid. That is fuel not making power, just going out the stack.

Still can't technically tamper with the OE programming or emissions they left the factory with...

After EPA went after a few back five years ago, I'm surprised they aren't still going after the manufacturers of the programmers and chips harder...maybe that whole "off road use only" thing?

I could care less, ran programmers on my last couple trucks too...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

I run full boost several times a day, quite often several times an hour, with my semi truck, with no DPF, and don't put that much smoke out, cumulatively, in a week. The only reason they do is due to over fueling. Read that as, stupid. That is fuel not making power, just going out the stack.

The difference is that a pulling pickup isn't going to run full boost for an extended amount of time. Your semi is running within its designed, reliable limits, and a tractor pull truck is pushing the limit, with very poor reliability. Also, in a "sport" scenario, even if it doesn't all burn, jamming in as much fuel as possible to help cool the cylinder is desirable. Same reason you see pulling tractors and trucks with "water" injection.

That said it pisses me off when I see 12ers with the smoke screw turned rolling soot everywhere. In day to day driving, it's 100% uncalled for.

In my area, trucks 10,001 gvw and over aren't subject to emissions testing, and your word is all you need when registering...

I am most fortunate. Nothing is subject to emissions testing in my neck of the woods, be it my Cadillac, my Silverado, or my commercial trucks and equipment. One can pretty much do whatever trips their trigger. No one but a dealer would notice.

I am most fortunate. Nothing is subject to emissions testing in my neck of the woods, be it my Cadillac, my Silverado, or my commercial trucks and equipment. One can pretty much do whatever trips their trigger. No one but a dealer would notice.

If I lived in two other counties that touch mine, that would be the case. Which in my opinion, makes no sense. I'm keeping the air clean over here so my neighbor can pollute it.

It's either an all or nothing in my mind

Yet another example of how gooberment goes to such great lengths to address a barely existent problem and differing agencies have no ability to coordinate and unify themselves over what actually gets done. My entire state is exempt from all of this goofy stuff, but we are primarily rural agriculture type of state. Des Moines is the largest town and it is a hamlet compared to other major cities.

Yet another example of how gooberment goes to such great lengths to address a barely existent problem and differing agencies have no ability to coordinate and unify themselves over what actually gets done. My entire state is exempt from all of this goofy stuff, but we are primarily rural agriculture type of state. Des Moines is the largest town and it is a hamlet compared to other major cities.

any logical thinking individual should be able to look at the checkerboard county Map of where it's required and not, past the smoke and mirrors they try to bs us with and see it is not about the clean air, rather a just a Money maker for the state. And it probably won't go away any time soon.

I live in an emissions county, but five miles up the road, the neighboring county is not an emissions county.

I'm friends with my local inspection guy, he has told me that, whoever enforces these emissions laws and safety laws in PA, has spot checked these non-emissions stations with cars not meeting EPA emissions or safety standards and busting the inspection station when they pass them (almost like a sting operation).

All my trucks fall into the emissions exempt category due to weight class, and from an apearance, they all looked legal...the last one was far from it, but never had any diagnostic computer hooked to it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Archived