Let's have some fun with the Off Road DIC

I just recently found out about the tilt indicator in my truck and I would like to see some pictures of it in action! How about this I'm going to start with my picture of 1% tilt and let's see how far we can get the tilt indicators to go SAFELY please!!!! Every % counts highest for left or right and for forward or backwards. It would be great to see a picture of the DIC and the truck on the grade (if you can of course).

*I take no responsibility if someone does not use common sense or if this game is a bad idea in the first place :)

post-145725-0-95266600-1462807785_thumb.jpeg

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You know someone can just jack their truck up in the front or back and snap a pic of the DIC. The tilt indicator to me is pretty much useless (my Jeep has one) for any body who is seriously driving off road. Your head will be hanging out the window, not staring at a tilt indicator (which all smart phones will do as well).

You know someone can just jack their truck up in the front or back and snap a pic of the DIC. The tilt indicator to me is pretty much useless (my Jeep has one) for any body who is seriously driving off road. Your head will be hanging out the window, not staring at a tilt indicator (which all smart phones will do as well).

Yes I relize this that's why I asked for a picture of the truck off road too. It's one thing to see a picture of a truck off road but to know the % of the grade and to be able to relate that to my own exprences makes he picture even better. I relize that your looking out the window but I do like to see what the indicators say as well. The most I have seen on my truck so far is 16% down hill and I was surprised the hill I was on was not more. Also if someone can get 16% from jacking up the truck that is somthing I would love to see a picture of. The use of a smartphone as a tilt indicator for off road is silly to me but having it built into the truck is good for perspective to me.

Steering wheel angle indicator more useful than pitch and yaw angles

You are right for sure the steering angle is great for sure. I started this topic to get to see some trucks getting used off road and at some high percentage grades.

Why is your door open for this????

Haha I just took it in the parking lot so someone who didn't know about the off road function could have a refrencpoint.

Lol, I'll bite cause I'm a big dork...do like the tire position best. Not too many inclines on my drive home lol.11f9c0a9efbc532959622c4ab2ccb058.jpg

Sent From My Galaxy S6 Edge+

Nice well your in the lead so far haha. I'm hoping people see the thread and rember to take a picture next time they are out having fun. I like your info center it's a much bigger display. I had not seen one of those yet. Oh and you have a 16' do you happen to know if your page shows wheel slippage on the center truck icon?

The use of a smartphone as a tilt indicator for off road is silly to me but having it built into the truck is good for perspective to me.

Now how is using a smart phone for showing tilt silly but having one built into a truck not just as silly? I get paid to drive off road and believe me the last thing I am worried about is what a screen tells me my pitch and angle is. To me this whole topic is kind of silly.

Now how is using a smart phone for showing tilt silly but having one built into a truck not just as silly? I get paid to drive off road and believe me the last thing I am worried about is what a screen tells me my pitch and angle is. To me this whole topic is kind of silly.

I'm not saying the hole topic is not a bit silly but it's a function built into the truck. This is a fourm about the trucks I see no reason not to use it and see what types of grades other guys are on when off road. I feel I gain a better perspective for a picture when I have some numbers to relate the incline to my own experiences. Especially when the picture is of the same truck I have. I'm not to worried about what inclines someone is getting when they run in a hill climb because I will never do that with my 1500. As far as the smartphone goes it's one thing to use the function built into the truck it's another to Velcro your phone to the dash to look at the incline at least the truck should be calibrated to the vehicle and easy to acess. That's sweet you get to do it for a living!! What do you drive?

Too bad my 2014 doesn't have this screen. I could get a pretty steep angle!

Hey I'm all for off road pictures even if you don't have the screen. That's the whole point of this to see what others are doing. The screen is just a cool reference point to me.

Quick question. Anyone who has added a leveling kit, did it affect the readings? And if so by how much? At stock rake, what does it show and at leveled what does it show?

I just recently found out about the tilt indicator in my truck and I would like to see some pictures of it in action! How about this I'm going to start with my picture of 1% tilt and let's see how far we can get the tilt indicators to go SAFELY please!!!! Every % counts highest for left or right and for forward or backwards. It would be great to see a picture of the DIC and the truck on the grade (if you can of course).

*I take no responsibility if someone does not use common sense or if this game is a bad idea in the first place :)

Now this is what I am talking about. This website teaches those of us that are too lazy or don't have the time to read every detail in our handbook. I learn so much from this website. I had NO idea that there was a tilt indicator on my truck. I going to check this out on my next off road adventure.

Archived