Let's have some fun with the Off Road DIC

Now this is what I am talking about. This website teaches those of us that are too lazy or don't have the time to read every detail in our handbook. I learn so much from this website. I had NO idea that there was a tilt indicator on my truck. I going to check this out on my next off road adventure.

That's exactly how I found out!! Just looking around on the forum gives a lot of great info. I also didn't know I could see my trans temp that was a huge help since I tow a lot. Make sure to take some pictures next time your off road!!

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Now this is what I am talking about. This website teaches those of us that are too lazy or don't have the time to read every detail in our handbook. I learn so much from this website. I had NO idea that there was a tilt indicator on my truck. I going to check this out on my next off road adventure.

Could be wrong, but I think its only on the 16's. I know my 2014 didn't have it. Maybe you'll get lucky and they added it in 2015

Could be wrong, but I think its only on the 16's. I know my 2014 didn't have it. Maybe you'll get lucky and they added it in 2015

Well the guy that is the OP has the same truck I do. At least he does in his profile. I did look on mine this evening. I may have to break out the owner's manual to find it.

Well the guy that is the OP has the same truck I do. At least he does in his profile. I did look on mine this evening. I may have to break out the owner's manual to find it.

Yes we do have the same truck other then the cab. Yours should have it all 15s with a Display Info Center do. Try this - on the dic go left to settings -down info - right arrow over - scroll down and select '' off road ''

Its been a few days since I found it but that should be the right way to get to it.

Since you have a 16' do you happen to know if the off road page gives you indication of when a wheel is slipping?

Yes we do have the same truck other then the cab. Yours should have it all 15s with a Display Info Center do. Try this - on the dic go left to settings -down info - right arrow over - scroll down and select '' off road ''

Its been a few days since I found it but that should be the right way to get to it.

Does it have to be in 4WD to find it? I thought that I saw something a few months ago when I had to put it in 4WD, and wondered what it was, but forgot about it until now.

Since you have a 16' do you happen to know if the off road page gives you indication of when a wheel is slipping?

I was trying to test that out today but didn't notice when I broke the tires loose a little...

Sent From My Galaxy S6 Edge+

Does it have to be in 4WD to find it? I thought that I saw something a few months ago when I had to put it in 4WD, and wondered what it was, but forgot about it until now.

It doesn't have to be in 4wd, it's on the 2wd models also. Make sure you have the page enabled in your info settings, it's off by default.

Guess I'll be silly once more:

Nice I should have added that to the game... How fast can you drive down a steep grade and take a picture behind the wheel at the same time. 20mph not bad. Im also wondering how far these trucks can tilt before they actually roll but I dont suppose there is a great way to find out exactly how much that is with out some issues.

Nice I should have added that to the game... How fast can you drive down a steep grade and take a picture behind the wheel at the same time. 20mph not bad. Im also wondering how far these trucks can tilt before they actually roll but I dont suppose there is a great way to find out exactly how much that is with out some issues.

My husband came close to rolling one years ago on a steep slope with a load in the bed. It kept tipping and the going back to all four wheels. This is why he earned the nickname, "The Wild Man of Borneo. He also used to take his Blazer and go off of a cliff into the river bottom and touch down while on the fly a la Dukes of Hazard. But he was doing that long before that show. To look at him you now, you would never guess that he was so wild in his youth. He put up a picture at work of himself and a few buddies (all with long hair) down in Mexico racing motorcycles. Nobody ever figured out who it was in the picture.

Not that i've seen. But that would be pretty cool.

Hahaha. I'll play, put mine to use during hunting season last fall.

42206520875dc4ec75c52c367d568e65.jpg

f1158c927c8af592c0ad6c474e1f2250.jpg

6d07783d280f40580d43359d6dae1277.jpg

That put the Duratracs to the test.

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

Archived