Under Body Protection?

Thinking about getting some underbody protection on my 2015 Silverado, after seeing a 2014 at the dealer today, it was rusted out!

Has anyone done this to their truck if so what did you use?

I was thinking about maybe rhino lining or line X'ing the under body. any comments on that?

The shit they put on the roads up here to melt the ice is so hard on vehicles and i DO NOT want my truck to be looking like that after only being a year old!

I have pondered the same thing for when I get my new truck, both would be decent options. I am pondering the simplicity of spray on, but the issue being the fallout that comes after from spraying upward, vs attempting a roll on which would still potentially drip, but would probably be a bit nicer than spray, although spray would fill a few crevices better. then since I have gravel areas that I drive as well the rocker panels would be a definite.

I opted to do Ziebart. Some say its great, others say your truck will rot from the inside out.

I'm goin for it, we'll see what happens, I've had to for almost 1 year now. Everything is looking good after the 1st winter. They will do a touch up on a yearly basis for the next 10 years to maintain my warranty.

For the frame I got a Line-x type spray done, it's called armaguard which seems exclusive to Alberta. These pictures are from last fall. I will post what it looks like now. Seems to have been pretty durable and washes much easier than the wax coating. It has a lifetime warranty.

I fluid film anything that wasn't touched by this process which is basically the A arms, sway bars and rear axle.

post-79641-0-12208000-1462887199_thumb.jpg

post-79641-0-57574500-1462887201_thumb.jpg

For the frame I got a Line-x type spray done, it's called armaguard which seems exclusive to Alberta. These pictures are from last fall. I will post what it looks like now. Seems to have been pretty durable and washes much easier than the wax coating. It has a lifetime warranty.

I fluid film anything that wasn't touched by this process which is basically the A arms, sway bars and rear axle.

What Company did your Armaguard? Thats exactly what i want! Line x said they wouldnt do the under side.....

What Company did your Armaguard? Thats exactly what i want! Line x said they wouldnt do the under side.....

This was done out of Armaguard Edmonton. I live a good 5 hours out of Edmonton so it was a good haul to have just this done.

The material isn't quite like linex or other bed coatings. It's a lot softer in comparison but better than the factory wax.

• 1 month later...

Every vehicle I have bought new, I have a complete rust proofing job done to them before I ever take it home. Last 3 vehicles have gotten Auto Armor rust proofing and paint protection jobs done before going home. I live in the rust belt and I don't have any rust issues. Two winter's worth of salt and brine from the DOT on my 2015 Silverado 2500 and not a bit of rust anywhere. Was just under it last weekend changing oil, greasing, and general inspection and except for some dirt from the gravel roads I live on, still looks good. Even the 2006 Jeep Liberty (also Auto Armored) I had and my son now drives is in very good shape on the underside.

• 6 months later...

I had line-x do the silent rider under body coating and rust protection, plus TST paint and interior protector in a two day visit, saved a bunch of money having it all done at one time.

One thing I did learn from this experience is if you want your rims to stay shiny inside and out before you have any undercoating done you need to apply a heavy coating of wax to your rims.

The wax will help you clean your rims back to a factory new condition and if some of the overspray is stubborn about coming off then soak it in kerosene and then hit it good with the pressure washer.

Line-x did a great job on my truck and even though I did not have much road noise anyway, but I could tell a difference with the road noise after I picked up the truck.

• 1 month later...

I had line-x do the silent rider under body coating and rust protection, plus TST paint and interior protector in a two day visit, saved a bunch of money having it all done at one time.

One thing I did learn from this experience is if you want your rims to stay shiny inside and out before you have any undercoating done you need to apply a heavy coating of wax to your rims.

The wax will help you clean your rims back to a factory new condition and if some of the overspray is stubborn about coming off then soak it in kerosene and then hit it good with the pressure washer.

Line-x did a great job on my truck and even though I did not have much road noise anyway, but I could tell a difference with the road noise after I picked up the truck.

Whats somethin like that cost you?

• 2 weeks later...

Look at 9H ceramic coating. Several companies meet the standard. Will spray on and protect your underbody but you can also get it over everything and basically never need to wax

Thinking about getting some underbody protection on my 2015 Silverado, after seeing a 2014 at the dealer today, it was rusted out!

Has anyone done this to their truck if so what did you use?

I was thinking about maybe rhino lining or line X'ing the under body. any comments on that?

The shit they put on the roads up here to melt the ice is so hard on vehicles and i DO NOT want my truck to be looking like that after only being a year old!

Archived