Headache Racks.

As always, it's very subjective. I am taking delivery of a 2016 2500 slt next week. After too much consideration, I ordered a Protect mesh rack with lumber stops, and a single diamond plate lid cross body toolbox. My truck is black, and most racks come in black or unfinished (mill or polished). I decided I wanted the contrast of the aluminum with my black truck. This is one of the reasons I went with Protech. Plus, I liked the idea of being able to get a matching box. I seriously considered Deezee as well, but didn't care for the cutout design on the side of leg mount. I am way too particular about this s%^t.

Good luck.

I was thinking about the back rack brand they look nice. I was also looking at the spyder industries and magnum manufacturing headache racks as well. They are all nice. I never herd of the protect brand but I'm gonna do some googling thanks for the replys.

• 2 months later...

Yeah, keeps long stuff from sliding off to the side...

I have hauled 16 foot lumber on mine, I also have the back rack bar that inserts into the rear stake pockets that allows use of the tailgate when long things are carried.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Here is the new DeeZee rack, matches my tool box. What do ya think? I want to mount lights for front and rear for when I plow. Thats why I got it.

Hey man, i got the same Rack as you, just ordered Rigid Dually Floods for the rack and rigids back up light kid for the bumper. ill send you pics once they are installed.

Archived