Who likes their 8 Speed?

824 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Can you post the TSB #'s, MrNasty? My local dealership seems to be in denial there are any issues with the 8L90 torque converters even though mine has been exhibiting textbook symptoms of converter shudder.

That depends more on the dealer relationship. Hopefully it will at least bring to there attention that there is a problem with 8 speeds and make them want to look into it.

Cant hurt to try, if they won't then try another dealer, if there is one close enough.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Edited by MrNasty

My AT is back in the shop for shudder and transmission fluid leak. Had seen drops on floor but since other cars park in the carport wasn't sure it was the truck. It was confirmed by the tire tech when it was on the rack for the alignment after the level and tires.

i am so pissed about this... a 50K truck that i love but its maddening to drive at this point. i really hope the techs actually LISTEN to me this time... its ridiculous to have this happen. the reason i bought a 16 with the 8 speed was i thought they got all of the bugs worked out with the 15's 6.2L 8-speeds...

i almost regret not waiting for a newer ford raptor at this point... :nonod:

my 8 speed works good, only thing is if you stop real fast it will kick you in the butt when it shifts fron 2nd to first. i just learned how to keep it moving till it shifts all the way down.

Got the AT back late yesterday. Service advisor said a transmission flush was done and the filter was replaced as well per a tech update from 11/16. Their tech contacted GM regional and was told of this new procedure. The fluid used was 19353429. The leaking fluid turned out to be the transfer case seal which was replaced. Was told to drive it at least 200 miles before coming to any conclusions about the effectiveness of the repair. Haven't had a chance to drive it for any extended period so I will not post any opinion until then.

Hopefully they followed procedure......It's supposed to take 24 qts per GM of Dexron HP fluid on the 6.2L 8speed. I am not even going to enlighten you on what it took for me to get a Trans Flush with HP Fluid recently. Let's just it took 2 days and the difference is night and day! I still have a slight tug/harder shift on cold trans in morning that seems to be held far to long on 1-2nd but by the 3rd-4th stop sign it's gone. Maybe I will have dealer see if they can do something with that but everything else is really smooth! It definitely is adaptive because it will change shifting points depending on how you drive very quickly. Plus, it really has only been getting better now over 20K miles and it's loosening up.

Just had my 2015 sierra 6.2 8 speed at the dealer today there's a new bulletin that came out 1/20/17 16-NA-411 for hard shifts, clunks , v4 to v8 banging noise in trans so far so good we'll see.

Is this for 5.3 too?