2016 2500- Whistling noise at idle

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No updates here. Noise isn't as annoying as it was before. I have talked to a few people who own the f250 and say the ride is horrible and would rather have a nose vs ride. I went from f150 To chevy 2500hd in my opinion the chevy rides just as well as the 150. I guess the 250 is a teeth rattler. Good luck guys I'll keep you updated if ib hear anything

My dealer ordered a new HD for me last year. When I first test drove it the noise drove me nuts. I started to research the power steering noise and found most 2016s had the noise. On most of them the noise was "not all that noticeable" until someone pointed it out. I ended up buying a different 2016. It has the same noise just not as loud. Unfortunately your stuck with it. No fix that I know of has showed up yet and GM is saying it's normal.

• 5 months later...

I have this noise as well. I had the dealer look at it and they said it's normal. Sounds like low fluid to me. If the radio is on or the fan is blowing I don't notice it, but at some stoplights or other idling moments it sure does bother me.

Since it's only on the 2016 as some have said, what's different on the 2017?

Archived