2016 SLT lights in 14/15 SLT/All Terrain almost done

Sorry I'm a little late, I've been in the Caribbean for a little over a week and just getting around to posting pictures. I know there was a lot of fuss of whether or not the SLT lights would so I bit the bullet and bought a used set to test. I got the lights and with the help of a fried who owns a 16 and you guys providing a pin out I was able to get the light working. The only issue I found was the DRL did not cut off when the turn signal was activated. Some may like this some may not. I however do not. When the sun is out full force and the DRL is at full brightness the LED turn signal is a little faint. Plus i'm picky and would like to stay close as factory options as possible. With all that being said I figured a switchback circuit inline with the adapter would cut the DRL off once the turn signal got power. Only problem is I have no clue how to build one so I reached out to GEN5 and they were more than helpful. I sent my light to Jarrod a little over 2.5 months ago and the process of building a harness began. For you guys that already have the SLT lights you can thank me later, JK. Anyways the harness for the 14-15 SLT is still being tweaked as its different from the SLE's but here you go.

Still have a couple kinks to work out but they work. Switchback circuit is being added and the parking lights should be off when the DRL is on during the day. No biggie Offer is on it as we speak.

SLT lights part numbers:

The harness

HLdyIKE.jpg

One of the issues

vJRJvor.jpg

Out with the old in with the new

0vZ81v1.jpg

Things were a little dirty so what better time to pressure wash

Kb3yP3b.jpg

We have some light

f37uXmO.jpg

Headlights work, thats a plus

4chgPrL.jpg

all done for now

hVCbuo6.jpg

qfYsmhX.jpg

Looks great,really like the grill too,did you have it painted?

• Like 1

Thanks for the pictures!

I know sometimes pics can be deceiving/lackluster though. In your opinion, how do the LED headlights compare to the OEM halogen ones? I'm just talking about low beams.

If I were to say that on a chart where 100% represented my ideal light output, then I'd put the stock lights at about 20%. Then with the bulb and bcm flash upgrade I'd say it was at 25%. When I switched to the spyder headlights and had halogen bulbs (PIAA xtreme white plus) it was about 40%. Then finally I switched to putco nite-lux LED bulbs and I'd say I'm at about 50% now. Where would you place these new led headlights?

Thanks

Josh

Thanks for the pictures!

I know sometimes pics can be deceiving/lackluster though. In your opinion, how do the LED headlights compare to the OEM halogen ones? I'm just talking about low beams.

If I were to say that on a chart where 100% represented my ideal light output, then I'd put the stock lights at about 20%. Then with the bulb and bcm flash upgrade I'd say it was at 25%. When I switched to the spyder headlights and had halogen bulbs (PIAA xtreme white plus) it was about 40%. Then finally I switched to putco nite-lux LED bulbs and I'd say I'm at about 50% now. Where would you place these new led headlights?

Thanks

Josh

For me,its 100% improvement over the stock lights.

Thanks for the pictures!

Thanks

Josh

Theres no comparison. The LEDs blow the halogens out of the water. To answer your equation I would put them around 90%. I mean even brighter would be better but you can only get so bright without blinding oncoming traffic.

Well done, the truck looks so different. I love the lights in my '16 Silverado and its a relief not having to frig with a $50k+ truck from the factory for such an important factor like lighting.

I spent hundreds on my '14 Sierra to get mediocre output.

• Like 1

Thanks for the pictures!

Thanks

Josh

One more night pic that should help.

9Bsnb3B.jpg

Edited by zmnypit
  • Like 5

Thanks for this! I just ordered a set of the 16 LED headlights with a harness from GEN5. I appreciate being able to see what my final look is going to be like.

You don't happen to have any pictures comparing the light output do you?

Thanks

Josh

Where did you order the headlights from?

Anyone else know where to get a set of them for a good price?

• Like 1

Coming from a 2014 that had the BCM/Bulb update done and to a 2016 truck of the same exact configuration, I can tell you the new LED headlights and LED fog lights are a night and day difference over the previous headlights.

• Like 1