2016 SLT lights in 14/15 SLT/All Terrain almost done

Those codes may actually be from that old service bulletin dealing with oem bulbs in the 14-15 Sierra. I had the dealer order the volsa bulbs and was to come in and get them installed and the truck flashed to send more coltsge. I actually never went in to have that completed though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On 3/20/2018 at 12:45 PM, zmnypit said:

Hard to say. I know it did on the denalis but I have yet to see any 5.3s that flicker. I've asked around as well as check with all the locals and not one has seen or noticed a flicker. Im scratching my head on the 5.3

I have the 5.3 and the 2016 LED headlight swap and had the Volsa upgrade PIT done before I had ever done the swap. Noticed my drivers side flickers every now and then now too.

• 4 weeks later...
3 hours ago, jackedupZ71 said:

here is my 15.5 2500HD Denali with 16’ hid headlights and xb fogs
8ff1057c0ba6b8929042208814681590.jpgb16dea4f05aff5e55b87ecce1d4d8688.jpg24c234dbca3d709006947979e681549d.jpgeadc417e10ce380bcd4d6289a7631370.jpg
the last pic is just running lights and fog lights. i am happy with how much brighter it is now.

Looks good but just curious why not shell out for LED 16+? The hids in the 2016's are only 25W, you can throw 55W's in stock housings and have much more output.

Looks good but just curious why not shell out for LED 16+? The hids in the 2016's are only 25W, you can throw 55W's in stock housings and have much more output.

i went back and forth between the leds and hids for a bit. 1. I couldn’t pass these up for what I give for them, 2. unless i misread something, if i would have went with the leds, i would have lost the ability to run just parking lights if i wanted. i have actually had these since Feb, just haven’t had the chance to put them in. i thought about doing the 35w morimoto upgrade, or doing a retro with a different projector, but decided to see what it would do first before shelling out more money. To me, they are as bright as my 16 silverado was with hids and xb fogs

On 5/7/2018 at 5:29 AM, jackedupZ71 said:

i went back and forth between the leds and hids for a bit. 1. I couldn’t pass these up for what I give for them, 2. unless i misread something, if i would have went with the leds, i would have lost the ability to run just parking lights if i wanted. i have actually had these since Feb, just haven’t had the chance to put them in. i thought about doing the 35w morimoto upgrade, or doing a retro with a different projector, but decided to see what it would do first before shelling out more money. To me, they are as bright as my 16 silverado was with hids and xb fogs

What'd you get them for by chance? PM me if you like to keep it private. 

3 hours ago, jackedupZ71 said:

I give $400 for them. i had been looking for a little while and was just finding lefts or rights, not both. i just got lucky and stumbled across these

Wow only 400? Thats a steal, dont blame you. I havn't seen even a single headlight that low.

Wow only 400? Thats a steal, dont blame you. I havn't seen even a single headlight that low.

yeah it is! and you are right, i haven’t seen them that low for just one side either. I am happy with the outcome amd the output of them. My windshield has a layer of 35 on it, and between the headlights and xbs, it is like driving with nothing on the windshield at night.

13 hours ago, jackedupZ71 said:

yeah it is! and you are right, i haven’t seen them that low for just one side either. I am happy with the outcome amd the output of them. My windshield has a layer of 35 on it, and between the headlights and xbs, it is like driving with nothing on the windshield at night.

If you know of another set for 400 let a brother know :D

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

Reviving this thread as I've been away on vacations over the last 2 months and I sold my truck. Seems like here lately I spend the majority of my online time searching for a new (used) truck. Im currently in the market for a 15-16 2500 so Im still in the game. I did keep my headlights and taillights for the 2500 of course once I find one. I also have one drivers side headlight like new condition for anyone looking, It has no broken tabs or missing pieces. $775 shipped with a set of adapters included. 

Edited by zmnypit

1 hour ago, zmnypit said:

Reviving this thread as I've been away on vacations over the last 2 months and I sold my truck. Seems like here lately I spend the majority of my online time searching for a new (used) truck. Im currently in the market for a 15-16 2500 so Im still in the game. I did keep my headlights and taillights for the 2500 of course once I find one. I also have one drivers side headlight like new condition for anyone looking, It has no broken tabs or missing pieces. $775 shipped with a set of adapters included. 

Welcome back Vann. Finally found a set of 2016 SLT headlights. Now I just have to get the courage to take apart front end and install them. Thanks again for the adaptors.

2 hours ago, WSFD6107 said:

Welcome back Vann. Finally found a set of 2016 SLT headlights. Now I just have to get the courage to take apart front end and install them. Thanks again for the adaptors.

Thanks! Nothing to it once you get going. Hardest part is the piece under the grille. It's easy with two people, one prying the tabs underneath and the other pulling in it 

3 hours ago, zmnypit said:

Thanks! Nothing to it once you get going. Hardest part is the piece under the grille. It's easy with two people, one prying the tabs underneath and the other pulling in it 

Thanks for the tip. Looks like new headlights this weekend :D.  Good luck with the new (used) truck search.