2016 SLT lights in 14/15 SLT/All Terrain almost done

Off topic, Any progress on DRL shutoff?

I haven't messed with it because I'm still looking for a passenger side in good shape for a decent price. 700 is about the cheapest. I paid 500 for the drivers side in excellent condition. I think more people know you can swap them so now there is more demand for them. They used to pop up on ebay pretty often but nothing lately. I thought about buying a chrome one and opening it up and painting the chrome black to match but don't really want to go down that road so I scour the internet daily looking for a good deal on another light.

• Like 1

I haven't messed with it because I'm still looking for a passenger side in good shape for a decent price. 700 is about the cheapest. I paid 500 for the drivers side in excellent condition. I think more people know you can swap them so now there is more demand for them. They used to pop up on ebay pretty often but nothing lately. I thought about buying a chrome one and opening it up and painting the chrome black to match but don't really want to go down that road so I scour the internet daily looking for a good deal on another light.

Yeah I noticed the same. I'll keep an eye out for ya.

This is what I meant this is what not working :)

This is probably due to your truck being an SLE and not having the original DRL wire.

Is this how you installed the harness?

Gen5DIY silveradosierraheadlightharness.pdf

Yeah I noticed the same. I'll keep an eye out for ya.

Thanks Vann

Yes.....the bezel that holds the factor c-shape led lens....its like a thinner shroud

You can also get hairline fractures on the inside of the clear lense when pulling them apart.

Would cutting them open be a better idea you think?

Hey, I've read through most of this thread and understand that zmnypit is the go to guy for harnesses. I have a 2015 Sierra Denali 1500 and want to swap both the headlights and taillights to the 2016 version. Someone hit my right side tail light today so I want to take this opportunity to swap to the new ones. What's the process involved in swapping the headlights and taillights? Is it a direct swap for fitment on both and then you just add harnesses from zmnypit?

Also most likely will be grabbing those XB fogs so thank you for that discount code as well.

Yes they are direct fit. You have to take the grill and a few other pieces off the front to get to all the screws for the headlights. The backs are straight forward. The new headlights are slightly deeper than the old lights but they all fit nicely. The harness makes it all plug and play...

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Yes they are direct fit. You have to take the grill and a few other pieces off the front to get to all the screws for the headlights. The backs are straight forward. The new headlights are slightly deeper than the old lights but they all fit nicely. The harness makes it all plug and play...

Thank you. I just picked up a set of taillights from local Canadian sellers and I got both headlight and taillight harnesses from zmnypit so I should be doing them soon.

Does anyone have the part numbers for the 2016 SLT headlights? The two part numbers from the original post both show up as discontinued when I search them online for some reason. Just want to make sure I'm looking for the right headlight assemblies.

• Like 1

Thank you. I just picked up a set of taillights from local Canadian sellers and I got both headlight and taillight harnesses from zmnypit so I should be doing them soon.

Does anyone have the part numbers for the 2016 SLT headlights? The two part numbers from the original post both show up as discontinued when I search them online for some reason. Just want to make sure I'm looking for the right headlight assemblies.

According to GMPartsGiant, here is what they show:

Replaced with 84046788

Replaced with 84046789

Good Luck!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by pgamboa
  • Like 1

I made some progress on the DRL cutoff but ran into a question of the way the lights work at night. i'll try and break down the answer I'm looking for.

Factory function-

known: During the day the DRL circuit is energized only when the truck is in drive. With the truck in drive DRL's on and turn signal on, the DRL shuts off.

known: Day or night with Truck in park and headlights or park lamps on. The parking light circuit is energized for the C's and stay lit even with the turn signal on, I have found videos showing this functionality.

Unknown: Day or night with the Truck in drive and headlights or park lights on. Does the park circuit in the C cut off when the turn signal is on or stay lit?

I believe it stays illuminated and only the DRL cut's off with the turn signals. Can anyone verify this?

I believe when your driving down the road during the day when the turn signal is on the bottom half of the "C" cuts out. At night everything stays on...

That's the way the factory 2016+ lights work as I understand it...

Edited by BringTheRain403

Everytime I see a 16+ it kills me.... How much do these headlights normally run for? What about the adapter?

I have a 15 SLT

Been honestly debating on trading in my truck because of the lights.

Edited by Nickyb

Everytime I see a 16+ it kills me.... How much do these headlights normally run for? What about the adapter?

I have a 15 SLT

Been honestly debating on trading in my truck because of the lights.

On ebay I paid 500 and 535. The left side had some scratches but I was able to polish those out with some elbow grease and re coat the head light with UV protectent from sylvania. They look good as new when re finished. Looking more in the 750 plus per side range if you want them in perfect condition.