2016 SLT lights in 14/15 SLT/All Terrain almost done

Where is everyone buying the lights for the 2500's?

Anyone have more pics of them installed on the Denali? trying to decide black vs chrome.

I have the connection to source the headlights.

Thinking about switching from 14 SLT lights to 2016 lights and at the same time adding Morimoto HID Elite.

Can anybody tell me:

-Are there any differences between 16 SLE, SLT and Denali lights?

-DO all 3 lights have the same projector shrouds, and are they HID projectors?

I know with my 2014 SLT the projectors are halogens and I've heard if you're going to upgrade to the HID kit, it's night and day to upgrade the projectors as well.

I'm thinking I can kill 2 birds with 1 stone if the 16 heads have HID proijectors.

Anyone know?

Thinking about switching from 14 SLT lights to 2016 lights and at the same time adding Morimoto HID Elite.

Can anybody tell me:

-Are there any differences between 16 SLE, SLT and Denali lights?

-DO all 3 lights have the same projector shrouds, and are they HID projectors?

I know with my 2014 SLT the projectors are halogens and I've heard if you're going to upgrade to the HID kit, it's night and day to upgrade the projectors as well.

I'm thinking I can kill 2 birds with 1 stone if the 16 heads have HID proijectors.

Anyone know?

2016 SLE are HID low and high beam headlights with LED DRL and incandescent turn signals

2016 SLT/Denali are LED low/high beam headlights with LED DRL and LED turn signal

2016 SLE are HID low and high beam headlights with LED DRL and incandescent turn signals

2016 SLT/Denali are LED low/high beam headlights with LED DRL and LED turn signal

So basically, if I buy a complete set of lights, it will come with either HID's or LED bulbs depending on the trim level. And therefore I wouldn't need to buy the morimoto HID kit?

Also, do the 16+ LED Brake lights require a separate harness kit to make compatible to 14/15? And/Or would you need resistors as well?

Thanks!

Yes the 2016 SLE headlight housing have the ballast and bulb included in the housing. If you went with the SLE HID housing you do not need separate morimoto ballasts or bulbs. The SLE housing are mush cheaper than the SLT/Denali full LED housings.

The 2016 SLT/Denali housing all LED's are contained in the sealed housing. You just need an adapter harness for either housing.

The 2016 taillights you need an adapter harness and the resistors are integrated into the harness.

So basically, if I buy a complete set of lights, it will come with either HID's or LED bulbs depending on the trim level. And therefore I wouldn't need to buy the morimoto HID kit?

Also, do the 16+ LED Brake lights require a separate harness kit to make compatible to 14/15? And/Or would you need resistors as well?

Thanks!

To elaborate on the HID portion. 2016+ SLT's had the option for the T4L it wasn't denali specific but all 2016+ denalis have the T4L which are the LED high/low beams. 2016+ HD trucks have the old style housing but with an HID projector/bulb combo. 2016+ 1/2 tons without T4L will have the new style housings with HID bulbs/ballast. Side note on the HID, GM used a new ballast on bulb style HID that is only rated at 25 watts, that being said replacing the projector ballast and bulb will give better light out put then the 2016+ HID systems will. If you're looking for optimal light output without major modification go with 2016+ LED headlights. Cheapest way to get great light output is to open your factory housing and replace the project with a rx350 or FXR, get ahold of some denso ballasts and put in some OSRAM CBI bulbs.

We'll what do we have here? Huge thanks goes out to abominable z71. Without him this wouldn't be possible!

edit: Alright guys I've got the green light to refer anyone wanting this mod PM abominable z71. Its a very simple process on my adapters with only one wire being cut. If you pick a set up from him feel free to message me if you need helping figuring out wire colors. Thanks!

Edited by zmnypit
  • Like 4