Why no good 2500HD factory incentives?

Obviously hard to say for sure. But we are headed into camping & fishing season, construction & landscaping season, etc., and that is where a lot of HD trucks are used. So demand is up and not likely too many discounts yet. But be patient and that will likely change some.

Yeah, all I got was $1,000 off. But I had good dealership and salesman who knocked the price down because of that. If you want the HD truck...you gotta pay for it. Its like they say...you get what you pay for. I think it was worth every penny...

HDs are just lower in demand. Also I'm pretty sure GM along with others mark up 1500 prices more than in HDs so they can give big incentives while making roughly the same amount of money on it. The owner then feels like they got a hell of a deal when in reality GM probably makes around the same as they would on any vehicle. You do get more for what you pay for when it comes to HDs, but not everybody needs one and 1/2 tons are just way more in demand.

Very rarely incentives on HD's, most dealers around me don't keep many in stock either that aren't landscaper specials. Majority of the truck sales are 1500's. I didn't manage to get about 9500 off sticker back in 13' on mine!

My experience: overall when aggressive shopping here in New England

1500's are close to 20% and more off sticker

2500's are more like 10% off sticker - I fought days for 14%

YRMV

• 2 weeks later...

Deals are to be had on anything GM around here, just don't be afraid to toss out a cheap number with your checkbook/ financing in hand.

I bought my 15' last year at this time at $1,500 under invoice, $2,000 cash rebate and another $1,000 in GM up fitter accessories.

Walk in ready to buy on the spot, and put the pressure back on the dealer.

Times are booming for the truck/SUV market, its like the late 90's all over again...

For the first time I can remember, the GM plants are not going to do a summer shut-down, and they are even working saturdays this summer.

Dealer lots around me have almost no HD trucks...

• 2 weeks later...

See my post from earlier today. My dealer took 15% off my new 2500HD Monday of this week. That saved me $10,000. They were authorized by GMC this week to select certain vehicles and take 15% the price. Good luck.

I do think even bigger discounts may be seen as they roll out the new 2017 2500HD with the redisigned hood and new Duramax engine. More HP and more torque.

My Post

http://www.gm-trucks.com/forums/topic/189119-traded-my-1500-in-monday-for-the-2500hd-duramax-wow/

2017 2500HD

http://www.foxnews.com/leisure/2016/06/01/2017-gmc-sierra-denali-2500hd-has-hole-in-hood-secrets-yet-to-be-revealed/

See my post from earlier today. My dealer took 15% off my new 2500HD Monday of this week. That saved me $10,000. They were authorized by GMC this week to select certain vehicles and take 15% the price. Good luck.

I do think even bigger discounts may be seen as they roll out the new 2017 2500HD with the redisigned hood and new Duramax engine. More HP and more torque.

My Post

http://www.gm-trucks.com/forums/topic/189119-traded-my-1500-in-monday-for-the-2500hd-duramax-wow/

2017 2500HD

http://www.foxnews.com/leisure/2016/06/01/2017-gmc-sierra-denali-2500hd-has-hole-in-hood-secrets-yet-to-be-revealed/

That's awesome. I'm hoping to catch a deal like this in next couple months with the new model coming out. Did they give you straight 10k off or was there other rebates or cash incentives as well? I'm guessing as new model and engine come it's gonna be great time to get one. I'd love to get it close to 55 or so . ?

• 1 month later...

Funny I started looking at used trucks and figured for the price of a used truck I should just buy a new truck. Once I was set on my must haves like leather, 4x4, and crew cab, I figured for the price of the SLT 1500 I might as well go with the 2500 HD. Figured at this rate for a bit more I could get a truck that could do all that I would ever need. I quickly upsold myself to the Denali HD.. Currently the only thing I tow is a ski nautique. Amazing how I can justify to my wife why I "need" the Denali HD!

Funny I started looking at used trucks and figured for the price of a used truck I should just buy a new truck. Once I was set on my must haves like leather, 4x4, and crew cab, I figured for the price of the SLT 1500 I might as well go with the 2500 HD. Figured at this rate for a bit more I could get a truck that could do all that I would ever need. I quickly upsold myself to the Denali HD.. Currently the only thing I tow is a ski nautique. Amazing how I can justify to my wife why I "need" the Denali HD!

Best of the BEST - Professional Grade - not many regret that purchase !

Archived