Help sway the truck decision

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yep found that out bit ago. Never even worried bout that I just used it lol

I think we've all been there before. I'm guessing until these Internet forums, we didn't know nearly as much about those types of things. We towed something that seemed within some sort of range and loaded the vehicle as needed.

I think we've all been there before. I'm guessing until these Internet forums, we didn't know nearly as much about those types of things. We towed something that seemed within some sort of range and loaded the vehicle as needed.

lol

Yep

• 1 month later...

I towed a Mercedes-Benz 560SL on a car hauler yesterday about 140 miles, and my truck still has only 500 miles or so on it. It laughed at the total 6000 pound load, as you might expect. It never downshifted on I-35 at 70 MPH (the speed limit). On level ground at 70MPH it turned 1700 RPM. It really is a beast when towing.

• 3 weeks later...

I cannot comment on the models you are commenting other than I was able to drive a friend's 2015 2500HD Duramax diesel the other day in the VA mountains on steep inclines and descents to check out the descent brake and exhaust braking as well as the power of that Durmax. Main thing I came away with was how quiet a modern day diesel or at least that Duramax was and the power it had. He even told me he gets about 20 mpg on the highway with that BEAST of a truck! I was truly amazed and doing my research now. I plan on buying in the next few years so I am a ways out on what I need in the 2500 series of gas vs. diesel. But I have to say, all things given and what I believed prior to driving that truck, I will pony up the extra $7k and go diesel unless something changes. My intended towing will be a travel trailer in the 9-10k lb. range and believe that diesel to be the ticket!

Archived