Suspension Question

Hello everyone, I just wanted to know if GM is using different suspension on the V6 models compared to the V8 trucks. My truck currently sits at 39-3/4 inches in the back and 36 inches in the front. This seems very steep and honestly I can't stand to look at the truck from a "back angle" because I feel like the back sits way to high. I am wondering if this is a V6 thing because the WT's that I see and a few SLE trucks I see have this same high rear end rake. It seems like the SLT and All-Terrain trucks have a much more level look. Am I crazy or is my rear end crazy high? Is there anything that can correct this? By the way I have a double cab 6 foot bed V6

Check out the accessories and modifications section in this forum. Lot of people do leveling kits to raise the front end.

Hello everyone, I just wanted to know if GM is using different suspension on the V6 models compared to the V8 trucks. My truck currently sits at 39-3/4 inches in the back and 36 inches in the front. This seems very steep and honestly I can't stand to look at the truck from a "back angle" because I feel like the back sits way to high. I am wondering if this is a V6 thing because the WT's that I see and a few SLE trucks I see have this same high rear end rake. It seems like the SLT and All-Terrain trucks have a much more level look. Am I crazy or is my rear end crazy high? Is there anything that can correct this? By the way I have a double cab 6 foot bed V6

You are referring to the rake (back angle) of your truck which can be reduced by levelling. Look at the many threads that refer to "level". This has nothing to do with having a V6.

Yes guys, I know what a level is haha, JK. Anyways I guess I know what the "correction" is but was just wondering why its like this on some trucks and not on others. BTW whats the best level. I see lots of people do Rough Country levels, but I hear that there is not much research done on these and can cause suspension problems down the road. Any advice on this.

My last '15 Z71 CC 5.3 had a lot of rake, so its not the V6. The '16 SLT I just picked up doesnt seem as extreme as the '15 but I did not measure it to see for sure.

Did you level your 15?

Na, it didnt really bother me that much. Plus with my trailer on it it sat level so it would look funny towing if I raised the front.

I just installed a rough country level on my 2015. I have a v8 and I only had 2 1/8 rake. You can go that route or use some bilstein 5100 leveling shock which I heard ride decent. I'm waiting on the 6120 bilsteins which also include progressive springs for a smoother ride. They will release in the next couple of months. I just install the rough country because the rake was killing me and my 22's were rubbing the sway bar.

Archived