2016 GMC Sierra 6.2 - Airaid MIT or Jr Kit?

Apparently Airaid has not released an MIT or Jr Kit for 2016 Chevy or GMC (both 5.3 or 6.2). Has anyone used a 2014/2015 kit and had any issues or did all work/fit as expected. I emailed Airaid and as expected they could not fully recommend going with a different year model version. So thought I would see if anyone had already attempted.

They also had no time line on the release. I am planning to do a Blackbear tune but really wanted to get the tube in prior to tuning. Thanks in advance.

It is the same for the 2014-2016 trucks. I took my Airaid kit from my 2014 6.2 and put it on my 2016 6.2 truck.

Thanks TJay74.... Did you notice any improvements/response from adding the kit Jr or MIT? How does it sound compared to stock intake?

I don't have the 6.2 like you guys, just the 5.3. I did put the mit on my '16. Easy install. The sound is a little louder than stock when getting on the gas. As far a performance, I haven't noticed much of a difference. One unscientific test was cruising next to a coworker (same 5.3 on a '15) on the freeway around 50 mph, he got on the gas first & took off. After i punched the gas I caught him & was pulling away. Didn't leave him in the dust, but noticable enough that he called right away to ask what i've done to the truck. So far just the airaid mit & drop in filter.

check out the AFE power momentum gt for the 6.2L - really sounds and works well in my 2015 6.2L...

I just put one on a 2016, make sure to get the 6.2L version....

The 5.3 version works as well, I was one of the first 2014 6.2L trucks to use the 5.3 Airaid CAI kit on a 6.2. The only difference now is the throttle body coupler.

Thanks ChevyKev, Good to here on the non-scientific results. I am assuming his engine and gear ratios were the same only difference being 2015 vs 2016 and MIT?

Correct. Same truck/specs just different year

The 5.3 version works as well, I was one of the first 2014 6.2L trucks to use the 5.3 Airaid CAI kit on a 6.2. The only difference now is the throttle body coupler.

Correct, but if he is ordering one might as well get the right one, one has a reducer coupler (5.3) other has a coupler (6.2)

Due to california regulations I figured I'd just stick with the Airaid MIT just got it installed today i can hear and feel a difference I felt it was money well spent. Bought it on amazon with two day shipping

• 3 weeks later...

just did the AirRaid tube with stock filter

performance-

cant say there's any difference

not disappointed, as I was mainly looking for dress-up options under the hood.

negative -

can't say this is a direct cause/effect, but I generally drive just brushing the pedal.

of course I wanted to see if i felt any difference, so was more liberal with the throttle.

while cold, I had a flat spot right (pause) on the start of pushing the pedal down.

soon as I got around the block - even mildest warm-up, didn't get that again.

never had that before, but then again was driving more aggressively.

as long as that was a one off, I'll keep it in, otherwise will revert to stock.

sound -

maybe just a bit deeper induction noise. Not objectionable at all like an open cone filter. So it passes the sound test. Quiet when cruising, and a bit deeper on heavy accel.

• 1 year later...

TJay74 do you know the airaid coupling number is needed to go from 6.2L down to to 5.3L? I'm unfortunatly down grading back to a 5.3L but want to keep my mit.

Archived