2016 Chevy Silverado 2500HD Work Truck - Basic Radio Skips On USB Cabl

Hello Forum,

Just picked up my new truck early is month and it's my first pickup, and I LOVE it. Sent in to get the bed sprayed, wheel well covers in and carpet instead of the rubber floor as it's the very basic 2500hd, and that comes to my issue.

After the service told me there is nothing they can do to fix the issue where Pandora streaming over USB pauses periodically then starts again. On top of that it doesn't recognize the iPhone many times and you need to start playing Pandora while the radio is on media, then it usually connects pretty well. Any other attempt like when radio is playing it simply never connects. As this model radio in the base offering doesn't have Bluetooth I am stuck and service said nothing they can do.

Called Chevy customer service and they told me I have to drop the car for service again and the dealer needs to call GM to get a technical expert to come and see the car. Not sure why this is so difficult on a brand new $42,000 car to get a working radio but I am starting not believe GM will be able to help me.

FYI - went to Best Buy today and it will cost $300 parts and $300 for a new radio as the backup camera that works now uses the same screen as the radio. Anyone else have to deal with this headache or am I just the unlucky one?

Let me know,

-Chris (Brigewater, NJ)

Search around on here. I think there have been some issues with iPhones. Don't know all the details but recall had to do with the iPhone software version. Might not be related to your issue.

why would you ever remove the rubber flooring? carpet gets ruined. the rubber floor is no upkeep.

and as far as backup camera, what is it you are trying to achieve?

Archived