Plasti Dip GMC Emblem

Hey guys,

I have been looking through some posts on plasti dip lately, and it seems that most people are taping off the chrome parts of the emblems. From past experience I didn't think that this was necessary. So I had some time this morning and gave it a shot! Hopefully this saves people some time!!!! ha.

You will see I taped off everything surrounding the emblem, but not the chrome parts.

0528160954_HDR.jpg

0528160956_HDR.jpg

I threw on about 4 coats and let it set for probably 10-15 minutes before I removed the tape and paper. You can see that the plasti dip on the chrome pieces pulls right off without effecting the red portion.

0528161038_HDR.jpg

0528161043a_HDR.jpg

0528161043_HDR.jpg

Heck no, don't bother with tape! That's one of the awesome things about dip. I didn't even bother to tape the grill. I hacked a square hole in some cardboard and had at it. Any over spray on the grill came right off with a microfiber. Done!

I didn't bother taping the chrome either, I like the idea of using cardboard instead of tape and newspaper.

Hey guys,

I have been looking through some posts on plasti dip lately, and it seems that most people are taping off the chrome parts of the emblems. From past experience I didn't think that this was necessary. So I had some time this morning and gave it a shot! Hopefully this saves people some time!!!! ha.

You will see I taped off everything surrounding the emblem, but not the chrome parts.

0528160954_HDR.jpg

0528160956_HDR.jpg

I threw on about 4 coats and let it set for probably 10-15 minutes before I removed the tape and paper. You can see that the plasti dip on the chrome pieces pulls right off without effecting the red portion.

0528161038_HDR.jpg

0528161043a_HDR.jpg

0528161043_HDR.jpg

So basically you just scraped it off with your nail...

Sent from my SGS7

So basically you just scraped it off with your nail...

Sent from my SGS7

No, not scraping... Once it's starts it just pulls off with very little effort. Certainly less effort than taping it off

No, not scraping... Once it's starts it just pulls off with very little effort. Certainly less effort than taping it off

Thanks brother

Sent from my SGS7

• 5 weeks later...

Or just take the emblem off the truck and spray it like I did. It just pops off, it's only held on with tabs. This seems like a lot of wasted effort.

Or just take the emblem off the truck and spray it like I did. It just pops off, it's only held on with tabs. This seems like a lot of wasted effort.

Yup that's what I did, pop it off and paint the whole thing, left it all back too.

That was insanely easy, thanks for this post. Made me not overdo the taping and pulling off was even easier than I expected!

This stuff is really easy to work with. I went with the white to match the truck. Like the man said, minimal tape, a little peeling and you've saved yourself a couple of hundred bucks based on the commercial product that is currently out.

Plasti Dip "GMC"

Archived