2014 Silverado Software Updates?

Hey Forum,

Does anyone know if there are any available software updates for a 2014 Silverado? Has anyone had any updates performed at the dealer?

My concerns are that I do not have the latest software in my truck. I have a 2014 Z71 but it does not have an Offroad Module on the DIC nor does it read text messages or have the texting module on the MyLink center screen.

I would imagine that there would be some updates available for the ECU also.

I could be missing more items here, but I'm just not sure what else may be out there that I don't have.

• Like 2

Have you brought your truck to your dealer so he could check?

I checked the DIC settings and did not see an off-road page. I tried putting the truck in 4wd to see if that changed anything but still no off-road page. I will call the dealer tomorrow to see if there are any updates I can do.

Since my truck is still under the bumper-to-bumper warranty, do you know if the updates would be free?

There won't be any update for the 14's that will give you the off road setting in the DIC. But you might want to check out MVI threads on here. They can pretty much do any unlocks and add ons you want. I believe someone has already done a Denali digital display swap. GM has already said there won't be any backwards up grades like Apple Carplay or other goodies that 15's and 16's have. Sucks to be us huh?

Oh, I love the pic of your truck. Good and muddy. Like a Z71 oughta' look.

http://www.gm-trucks.com/forums/user/128971-mvi-inc/

Edited by scott19677

Thanks! I had to get an alignment done after that mudding adventure haha

I found this link on a forum for the Colorado, but had no luck in getting anything other than part numbers for different available software updates. Please let me know if anyone else has any luck with this site: https://tis2web.service.gm.com/tis2web Forum link: http://coloradofans.com/forums/201-2nd-gen-electronics-audio-lighting/265810-has-anyone-updated-their-mylink-software-firmware.html

I called my local Chevrolet dealer and he had no knowledge of software updates. Living in a small town, I would imagine that other dealers may have more knowledge about them. I also tried calling Chevrolet but they are closed today (I expected they would be.) I will see if the Chevrolet help desk at one of the 800 numbers will be able to help me out tomorrow.

One other thing I wanted to mention - In the DIC settings on my truck, there is an option for "Blank Page". Can this be used for something else? I am just unsure as to why there would be a setting for enabling a blank page.

Good morning btj_z71,

I regret to hear that you are experiencing concerns with the MyLink in your Silverado. You can reach out to our Infotainment Team, (855) 478-7767, as they are experts regarding MyLink. If they are unable to help you towards a resolution feel free to send me a private message and I can look into additional options.

Julianne M.

GM Customer Care

I found this link on a forum for the Colorado, but had no luck in getting anything other than part numbers for different available software updates. Please let me know if anyone else has any luck with this site: https://tis2web.service.gm.com/tis2web Forum link: http://coloradofans.com/forums/201-2nd-gen-electronics-audio-lighting/265810-has-anyone-updated-their-mylink-software-firmware.html

I called my local Chevrolet dealer and he had no knowledge of software updates. Living in a small town, I would imagine that other dealers may have more knowledge about them. I also tried calling Chevrolet but they are closed today (I expected they would be.) I will see if the Chevrolet help desk at one of the 800 numbers will be able to help me out tomorrow.

One other thing I wanted to mention - In the DIC settings on my truck, there is an option for "Blank Page". Can this be used for something else? I am just unsure as to why there would be a setting for enabling a blank page.

Hi GM,

I called the infotainment team but they were not able to provide much assistance as to whether any updates were available. The technician informed me that they would not be able to assist until a recall was issued by GM. I will DM you for further help on this.

• Like 1

I always assumed that Blank Page was just there if you didnt want to look at anything, I have that page turned off on mine.

So far everything you listed your missing are just not 2014 features and GM has no plans to update old trucks with features from the newer trucks.

Edited by jrob56

As scott19677 said there is no update for the 2014's to add those features. They were something that was added in the 2015's and the hardware is a little different so they can't be added to the 2014's even with a software update. Get ahold of MVI and they can do something for you but it may not be cheap and you have to remove your module and send it back to them as an exchange.

Also - GM dealers will not update your software just to make sure you have the latest version. The only time they will update it is if you have a problem and they find a PI (or PIT or TSB) that tells them it may fix the problem. If you just stop into the dealership and ask to have the software updated just to have the latest version some may do it but you will probably be charged for the Tech's time (which is allowed by GM since updates "just because" are not considered part of the warranty).

Edited by sk
  • Like 2

There is no way to get the 2015/16 offroad screen in a 2014, cant and wont happen. There is also no way to get the Apple carplay or Android Auto either, not from the dealer or thru GM thru updates. I had these very conversations with the GM engineers and was told that there was no plans of or to have any backwards compatibility between the 2014 to 2015 to 2016 systems.

Hi GM,

I called the infotainment team but they were not able to provide much assistance as to whether any updates were available. The technician informed me that they would not be able to assist until a recall was issued by GM. I will DM you for further help on this.

Hi btj_z71,

Thank you for reaching out. We have received your message and replied to it. Please get back to us at your earliest convenience.

Best,

Anthony Z.

GM Customer Care

• Like 1

Thanks everyone for the numerous responses. After talking with GM at their 800 number, talking with GM on here, talking with my local dealer, and talking with you guys regarding the 2014s, there is apparently no way from the dealer to get the off-road page or any other software updates to the 2014 trucks unless there is some from of recall issued to do so.

The only update which I am aware of that can be performed is the Navigation maps update. The navigation updates are not covered under any warranty.

Thanks everyone for the numerous responses. After talking with GM at their 800 number, talking with GM on here, talking with my local dealer, and talking with you guys regarding the 2014s, there is apparently no way from the dealer to get the off-road page or any other software updates to the 2014 trucks unless there is some from of recall issued to do so.

Correct (as we have already said). Actually it can't even be done with a recall unless GM replaces hardware in the radio.

The only update which I am aware of that can be performed is the Navigation maps update. The navigation updates are not covered under any warranty.

Correct (and it will cost you $163.94 shipped to your door if you want to update every time an update comes out which is about once per year).

Edited by sk