Denali vs High Country which one ?

• 9 months later...
  • Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I own a high country and I've had a Denali I choose to save 10k over a dash colour any day plus take a magnetic ride truck down a grid road you'll need dental work.

High Country drivers always give the impression that they are jealous of their bigger, nicer, more expensive brother the Denali.

It reminds me of the old guy on the State Farm commercials "Oh, you almost had it!" That last dollar being just out of reach and leaving you utterly disappointed.

Got my Denali with 6.2L for $48. Was happy to pay for looks and unnecessary options!

How did you get it for $48? I pay more than that for a tank of gas!

I own a high country and I've had a Denali I choose to save 10k over a dash colour any day plus take a magnetic ride truck down a grid road you'll need dental work.

MRC is superior to monotobe shocks, think of the MRC shocks as variable. You must have been in a vehicle with 22's those ride like old western wagons. I have owned and driven both MRC vehicles on 22's & 20's, I will never again have 22's on a MRC GM vehicle.

On the Beaches of despair lie the bleached bones of those who right at the point of victory stopped and rested or settled for a chevy haha. Get the Denali man it has a great song associated with it.

MRC is superior to monotobe shocks, think of the MRC shocks as variable. You must have been in a vehicle with 22's those ride like old western wagons. I have owned and driven both MRC vehicles on 22's & 20's, I will never again have 22's on a MRC GM vehicle.

No I was in 20" rims I don't drive 1/2 I drive one tons and I'm usually on a pipeline right of way. It's not the $10K that's a problem it's the magnetic ride that gives out in 70,000 km I put a 120,000 km a year on and say all you want Chevy just holds up better.

No I was in 20" rims I don't drive 1/2 I drive one tons and I'm usually on a pipeline right of way. It's not the $10K that's a problem it's the magnetic ride that gives out in 70,000 km I put a 120,000 km a year on and say all you want Chevy just holds up better.

Not sure what you mean by 10K, most factory mono tube shocks on trucks don't last to 80,000 miles or 130,000km anyways, they slowly diminish in ride quality and we as humans don't notice until you swap newer improved shocks like Blistering 5100's or FOX shocks. I was a Mercedes tech, I have worked some expensive complex systems... aka like the MB ABC suspensions they fail just like everyone else's suspensions, except you better sale your kidneys to pay for it. GM's MRC offers the best value for the price that I have seen, my truck runs smooth as glass, I have owned 2 Denali's now 2013 AWD standard z60 suspension and 2016 with MRC best riding truck I have ever owned or rode in, I have driven many vehicles in my lifetime being a former tech.

http://www.gmpartsdirect.com/oe-gm/84061228 $330 US is not bad for a Magna-ride shock.

A High Country does NOT have the resale value the Denali has. Denali is up there with the Escalade, the High Country is just a Chevy truck which are not known for luxury so they will never command the same resale value as the Denali.

A High Country does NOT have the resale value the Denali has. Denali is up there with the Escalade, the High Country is just a Chevy truck which are not known for luxury so they will never command the same resale value as the Denali.

Not sure what you are getting at here. The Denali with all the extras should have a better resale value...it cost more to buy than the HC. I've had both and I prefer the new Chevy HC frontend vs the GM Denali's.

I mean I pay 10K less for a High country then a Denali as for my shocks I get 120,000 km on my truck before I have to change shocks . I too own high end cars as well 2 Mercedes and a 911 but then we are comparing bananas and apples. Truck to truck the high Country is better off road then GMC and mire kilometres without down time prove this. I agree on pavement GMC performs much better but as I stated I'm on a pipeline right of way and for a GMC that might as well be in a lake cause their ride system doesn't stand up. If you put your truck through as much off road work as I do you'd understand but I'm not a weekend warrior with my truck it's working 7 days a week 24 days a month. You'll never convince me otherwise I had 2 Denali's in 2014 and beginning if 2015 neither one held up. Dealer bought both back because after 25,000km on the pipeline they had more rattles and squeaks and I went through 3 sets of shocks. But if I'd been on pavement I would agree.

From purely a resale value standpoint I'd take the Denali all else being fairly equal (I saw someone mention a $10,000 delta & that sounds WAY too big) - they hold their value better and "denali" has become a brand in and of iteself which carries w/ it a little more panache/notoriety whether it is warranted or not may be up for debate. but not the fact that the extra recognition exists because it absolutely does.

I don't like the magnaride suspension either, but I DO like the GMC look better....so I just bought an SLT w/ nearly all the same options the Denali has (& some it doesn't)....so if you wanna start talking about the high country being a little cheaper you could point out it is even MORE of a "badge job" than a Denali so ANY increase over an LTZ trim is unwarranted.

The Denali's are great trucks and out here in Los Angeles that's about all you see in high end pickups are black Denalis and Ford Platinums. That's why I liked the red High Country I bought because it didn't look like all the others. Doesn't have quite all the toys the Denali has but the deal was great and I can find it in a parking lot. I never had all those extras so I don't miss them.

Archived