2015 Suburban LTZ - Replacement Daytime Running Light

I've always wondered what GM would do when they go out. I'm pretty sure you're the first one with that issue. Go to dealer and fix it under warranty.

But you cannot replace the DRL as a part because it's inbuilt in the headlight assembly. GM engineers didn't think this through!!!!

Sent from my SM-N920C using Tapatalk

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Four of my LED's on the driver side went out on my 2016 Tahoe, and I have less than 2000 miles. I am not sure if it is because I tried to do a HID kit, and my lights were flickering for a little while. I put the regular bulb back on the vehicle, but I have already made a hole in the headlight cap, so I am not sure if the dealership will fix it or replace it at not cost.

...but I have already made a hole in the headlight cap, so I am not sure if the dealership will fix it or replace it at not cost.

That wasn't a faulty headlight lens, you'll be lucky if the dealer gives you a discount on a new one. But if you find one for under 400, that's a deal.

Has anyone been successful at doing an HID conversion without having any issues? I tried getting a set of phillips xenon HID kit, and it did not work, as one of the lights was turning off once an a while. Then, I tried a set from the Retrofit source including a relay and a capacitor link, and the lights were flickering.

Archived