2015 Yukon XL Denali Key Fob Programming

Going to go pick up a 2015 XL Denali Monday. Dealership mentioned Vehicle just has one key. They wanted to charge $264 for the other key but would "waive" the $110 programming fee. My question is what's preventing me from programming it on my own? It seems the instructions are included in the owners manual but dealers are telling me they have to program it. I found a new key in programmable state with uncut emergency key for $80 on eBay. Can I program it myself and take the key in and have it cut at the dealership/locksmith?

I found a new key in programmable state with uncut emergency key for $80 on eBay. Can I program it myself and take the key in and have it cut at the dealership/locksmith?

I have no idea what this means. The key has to be cut then can be learned (programmed) to the truck by anyone. The fob's require an MDI and GDS2

I found a new key in programmable state with uncut emergency key for $80 on eBay. Can I program it myself and take the key in and have it cut at the dealership/locksmith?

I have no idea what this means. The key has to be cut then can be learned (programmed) to the truck by anyone. The fob's require an MDI and GDS2

https://carmanuals2.com/get/gmc-yukon-denali-2015-owner-s-manual-30743

On page 41 (manual page 2-10) it's shows instructions for programming transmitters to vehicles. Is this not the same thing?

No. Even a used truck comes with 2 when you tell the dealer 2 keys with flobs or pound sand.

I tried. I'm getting this vehicle for about $9k under KBB. They told me about the one key after I had got them down for everything they had in it.

From your link

"Programming Transmitters to the Vehicle

Only RKE transmitters programmed to this vehicle will work. If a transmitter is lost or stolen, a replacement can be purchased and programmed through your dealer. Each vehicle can have up to eight transmitters programmed to it. See your dealer for transmitter programming".

Does your vehicle have keyless access? If so then the other process you note will work if you have a known good fob. Which I assume you do.

Keyless access is when you walk up to the locked vehicle and it unlocks without getting the fob out. Then use push button start. Lots of GM vehicles have push button start but not keyless access.

Archived