Running Board LED Lights

Well, just got my lights installed today. Total cost of 40 bucks plus labor. They come on automatically with the key fob or when you open the door. They fade out when they turn off.

Can't wait to check them out tonight.

Door Closed

ba6b9e1f2623b3a771c60db54e0e0ea5.jpg

Door Open

a4bd7bee7a7ddb52ebcd39a7d2909c90.jpg

Clean install

1e522500cf8c77b3234fed16d471cd00.jpg

3d8f6da6161145a8f6f33296297cb621.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

• Like 2

Cool idea. It's too bad the Maine winter would tear those apart if I decided to do something similar

I put 3M automotive adhesive tape on the back of these. Once I used some adhesive promotor and stuck the lights on. They are on there near permantly now. I'll see how they hold up this summer.

http://www.tcpglobal.com/MMM-6394.html?gclid=CjwKEAjw7e66BRDhnrizmcGc8VcSJABR6gaRHBezkBUxjaZcEMT2blMcMrGFUEHXRgkjdZrhoejRqBoCq5rw_wcB#.V1yufXopBnE

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

Curious what power source they tapped into. This is a relatively easy mod to do so long as you have an idea of what wire to t tap.

F150leds.com sells a kit for fords but I see no reason why you couldn't use the same stuff on our trucks. The only application specific part of this kit is the instructions. All the hardware is pretty universal.

http://www.f150leds.com/led-steps

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

When I did mine I tapped the interior dome lighting at the wiring harness on the drivers side under the dash. Now I am running hid so I turned my other exterior lighting off so I don't wear out my ballasts prematurely. So the only exterior lighting I have is my step bar lights. They alone put out plenty of light.

20160515_205908_zps2o4uuydc.jpg

Edited by mjdxtreme
  • Like 3