The brake fluid will strip right thru the clear coat, and the paint, and primer. And leave you with bare metal. Do not do this.

Remove as much glue as you can by hand. Then use a carnauba liquid wax to remove the leftover residue. Apply the wax on heavily over the areas with residue and the natural oils in the carnauba will break down the glue. Then simply wipe off with a micro fiber cloth.

Might need to do it a few times. But this is the least invasive way of removing the glue.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 5 months later...

He didn't say brake fluid guys, he said brake clean. I've used it to remove stubborn tree sap during clay-barring and prior to sealing. It didn't hurt anything. Just don't leave a rag wet with it sitting on the paint overnight, and test in a inconspicuous spot first.

I just de-badged mine and used an eraser wheel. Came right off and followed it up with some soap and water and then polish.

This^. Go to you local auto parts store OP and for 10 or 20 bucks, you can get a drill mounted eraser wheel that will take the adhesive tape right off. Go slow, it will work better.
Edit: Just realized kinda a old thread. Oh well. Bitch away with resurrecting old threads.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Nowhere did it say how to actually remove the badge, just the adhesive.

. Use floss or fishing line maybe heat it just a small bit if the truck isn't that old you won't even have to worry about paint fade , normally i just use floss and boom

Archived