just realized my my truck is a POS lol

i didnt even clue in but i live in canada and my 2014 gmc sierra 1500 was built in mexico. after i took my truck home from the dealer i installed an LED light bar behind the grill, to do this i have to take the trim and grill off. while i was doing this i noticed 7 screws were missing and not installed. no biggie i picked some up from the dealer and installed them. i then decided to do my own inspection of the truck. i noticed right away i had frame rust already(200km on the odo) i then noticed there were 2 bolts missing from the right side rear spring hanger and on the left side the bolt was put in cross threaded. i wish i looked where it was made and assembled. cheap labour gives cheap half ass lazy work.

What horse? The fact that they build these trucks where people give zero #%@#'s about the end state?

I'm in Ontario too and my frame was rusting just sitting in the driveway. Get it rust-proofed and it will look nice for years.

How true I don't know. One result from a quick search. We give them money, take care of them on our soil. And our veterans and citizens get shafted by the same government. Gets my blood pressure up. Rant Over. :happysad:

How much foreign aid does the United States give to Mexico?
A:
QUICK ANSWER

In 2013, the United States gave Mexico $51.5 million in foreign aid. Of that amount, $24.8 million, the largest segment, was designated for democracy, human rights and governance. The next largest amount, $10.9 million, was designated for the environment, and $8.4 million was designated for economic development.

KNOW MORE
much-foreign-aid-united-states-give-mexi
Credit: JEWEL SAMAD AFP Getty Images
FULL ANSWER

Lesser amounts were designated for health ($2.9 million), program management ($2.4 million), education and social services ($1.1 million), peace and security ($0.6 million), humanitarian assistance ($0.3 million) and multisector ($0.1 million). As of September 2014, the data shows disbursements from the United States to Mexico totaling $15.4 million, with $7.1 million going for democracy, human rights and governance, $4.4 million for environment, $2.9 million for economic development, $0.6 million for education and $0.5 million for program management.

I have been all around my truck. Intake, level kit, power steps, oil changes. nothing but top notch built quality on my crew cab with final assembly in mexico.

Maybe the US quality inspector was watching my truck go down the line??? :dunno:

My truck is built well too - recall for tranny flash, seat fix, IP topcover piece that is warped, u-joint issues, rear diff issues, rusty frame.....and less than 20000 miles. Looks good in the driveway but is a far cry for a $60K (CDN) deal. My Acura TL SHAWD has had ZERO issues since new. ZERO.

I can't get a GM vehicle, car or truck past the 90,000 mile mark....and they are always dealer maintained as recommended. Usually start turning to junk at the 50K mark, and I've owned 19 GM's over the years, thats why I lease now, always under warranty and gone by 36K

Probably the reason why GM is moving production out of Mexico and back to the US. My Indiana truck has been great. No missing bolts lol.

http://www.detroitnews.com/story/business/autos/general-motors/2016/05/26/gm-move-truck-production-flint-mexico/84979274/

General Motors Co. plans next year to move some light-duty pickup production to the Flint Assembly Plant from its plant in Silao, Mexico, according to a memo from UAW Local 598 to membership.

Pulling this work out of Mexico satisfies our customers that want vehicles built in the United States and allows Silao, which is located on a shipping port, to increase volume of other models that are easily exported around the world, says a May 20 memo signed by UAW Local 598 shop chairman Eric Welter and UAW Local 598 President Ray Gorney.

I have a GM built in Mexico, Canada and USA. They are all great quality and have zero problems with them. I can tell no difference between the three. They are all late model vehicles as well, 2010, 2014, 2015 .

I also have one of the last Vettes to be built in St Louis before everything was moved to Bowling Green, but that is neither here nor there haha

My 2014 double cab z71 4x4 had the engine replaced at 8900 miles and not even six months later I was back at the dealership for more engine problems, had to file a complaint with the BBB to get their attention and finally ended up in. 2016 crew cab z71 4x4. Didn't realize how bad the other truck vibrated and drove until I was in one that had no problems. My 2016 has had no major issues and drives smooth as glass. I think there will always be problem vehicles but luckily my new one has been great.

I feel lucky after my experience, no it shouldnt be standard and I never implied that. It is ridiculous you spend that much money and have problems. But to date I haven't had anything major happen.

My 2015 was repurchased for a mexico assembled differential making a horrendous noise.

They gave me a 2016.. that ALSO has a mexico assembled differential ALSO making a horrendous noise, AND this one has a rough idle, and I think sometimes it skips/is down on power.

I was so exhausted from GM's 2 month process to give me some semblance of a new quality vehicle that I haven't taken it in for service for it yet. I just dont want to drive another loaner for 2 months or have to go through a repurchase again.

I dont want to sound stereotypical or anything but the quality has gone to hell. I've owned an 03, 05, and 2010 gm truck in the last 13 years and BY FAR the quality issues on this one take the cake.

in fact I didn't have a single problem with my 03 or 05. The 2010 burned oil off the lot and the rear window leaked, otherwise it was problem free too. The oil thing, as I understand, was a 5.3 problem at the time, something about an oil tube that was too small.. idk.. if you drove it like you stole it it wouldn't burn oil, it was only if you tooled around town.

I still like my truck but I'm just disappointed.

That being said I've not yet been made aware of any missing parts on this one. I've been into it just a little bit for running boards and looking at replacing the hideous "toothy" LT grill, but everything seems to be there.

I just wish it wasn't about to stall every other redlight. It makes me uncomfortable to sit still. I actually put it in neutral at lights now.

• 1 year later...

What engine problems were you having.  My son's needs an engine at 41k miles, but GM is not wanting to cover it under warranty.  They say he has neglected the truck and not changed oil.  He has presented receipts proving that he has, but they are still giving him a hard time.  I'm trying to see if I can find any more trucks with the same problem.

Archived