Leaving Gmc for ford

I've finally traded in my 2015 GMC Sierra SLT after 17k miles . To be fair the Gmc is a nice truck I really have no complaints with the truck except the engine and Trans just are not for me. The truck gets great gas mileage but has no balls and the Trans is clunky. I tried a programmer and it still sucks , so I purchased a 2016 f150 platinum ecoboost.

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You might be happier, you might not be.

The EcoBoost has a class action lawsuit against it, with hundreds of thousands of pissed off owners across the U.S alone. My point is, if you are seeking perfection in today's automotive market, I am sorry to say it isn't there. We are paying more than ever for these vehicles, but we are getting highly complex machines that are not just mechanical linkages anymore. It is a massive computer system on wheels with thousands of wires, connectors, harnesses, pins, ect ect. The good old days of transmissions that contained nothing but gears, linkages and oil are long gone. Accelerator pedals that linked directly to a throttle body with a cable, gone.

The new 5.3 has tons of balls, not sure how much power you want? Did you have 80 pound 35's on 3:08 gears? My 2015 5.3 with 3:73's is a power house. I can walk her sideways down the street laying rubber for a long ways, and if I punch it on the freeway, it sucks you back in the seat pretty good for a pickup truck.

Switching brands often means you get rid of brand #1 problems, but you now take on the problems of brand #2.

I also have a 2015 GMC Sierra CC and it has loads of power! My transmission doesn't clunk but if it did I would get it fixed under warranty. I would consider a Ford if I liked the styling better (which I don't) but not because of the engine choices. The choice of power options is not an advantage for Fords!

I've finally traded in my 2015 GMC Sierra SLT after 17k miles . To be fair the Gmc is a nice truck I really have no complaints with the truck except the engine and Trans just are not for me. The truck gets great gas mileage but has no balls and the Trans is clunky. I tried a programmer and it still sucks , so I purchased a 2016 f150 platinum ecoboost.

Nice! My mom has the 3.5L ecoboost in her platinum that she just bought. That thing has some serious juice. Makes my 6.2L feel sluggish. It's definitely making me consider getting an F150 for my next crew cab. Definitely love all of the extra features that ford includes, the massaging seats, 360 degree cameras and the transmission sport mode.

I'm impartial to Ford's as my last car was a Shelby GT500 and man I loved that thing. Had to sell it as it was going to get me arrested, but it was a great vehicle.

Nice! My mom has the 3.5L ecoboost in her platinum that she just bought. That thing has some serious juice. Makes my 6.2L feel sluggish. It's definitely making me consider getting an F150 for my next crew cab. Definitely love all of the extra features that ford includes, the massaging seats, 360 degree cameras and the transmission sport mode.

I'm impartial to Ford's as my last car was a Shelby GT500 and man I loved that thing. Had to sell it as it was going to get me arrested, but it was a great vehicle.

[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23] he said his moms truck!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23] he said his moms truck!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes I did, are you 5 years old?

The rest of the family is driving GM's and getting fed up with the problems and horrible service. My dads 2010 Silverado 2500 Duramax has been nothing but problems, and his 2015 Denali 2500 Duramax has been even worse. It's not an impressive sign when the brand new truck is less reliable than the 6 year old one. My mom needed a new vehicle, so we took her shopping for Ford's and were very impressed with what we saw. The buying experience was a hundred times better as well.

The one thing that turns me off about Ford is the Aluminum Bed....the simplest thing tears the bed apart. Good luck with the new ride, and give us an honest report once in a while

The one thing that turns me off about Ford is the Aluminum Bed....the simplest thing tears the bed apart. Good luck with the new ride, and give us an honest report once in a while

Does your current truck have a bed liner? If so, how many tears in that?

Archived