Head Light Upgrades = More Heat ?

If you change/upgrade your stock lights to any light except maybe LEDS that is whiter/brighter doesn't this cause more heat in the head light assembly?

Like Silver star, Phillips Diamond.

It seems to me that more heat in the head light assembly would cause the plastic to deteriorate/yellow faster.

I could be nucking futs. :happysad:

The yellowing of the headlights is from sun damaging them. The damage is on the outside of the lenses.

For those that want to know, there is a hack that works wonders on removing the yellow/fade. Spray the headlight with Deep Woods Off or its equivalent. The higher the DEET content the better it works. Let it sit for about 30 seconds and then wipe it with a paper towel. You probably will have to do it twice, maybe 3 times. Light looks brand new in minutes without having to do any sanding buffing and polishing and it only takes a couple of minutes. :thumbs:

I have been using the Sylvania ZXE (H13) now for over 3 years, and have no issues at all with the headlamp assemblies. When I have my Yukon Denali detailed, I ask them to apply a coat of Teflon sealer to the headlamp, and tail lamp, and 3rd brake light surfaces.

What LED headlights do you guys recommend? Last time I tried LED bulbs they were dimmer than my turnsignals by a LOT!! As far as shining on the road anyway. Looking at them by standing in front of my truck they were bright as crap but not when it came to actually shining on the road. I want something at least as bright as factory but preferably a lot brighter.

Archived