Big OOPS

So apparently I left my sunroof open last evening. So of course we got a storm that dropped and inch and a half of rain. Needless to say I had some work on my hands today. Thank goodness it is dry and sunny.

So I took everything apart that I could and removed everything that would come out. I towel dried everywhere then used a shop vac to push the water out of the nooks and crannies. I pulled the trim out and carpet up. I have been running fans all day.

I had the console apart and took a long drive with the seat vents running. Now I will let the fans do their thing...

post-156876-0-95255400-1466880261_thumb.jpeg

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Funny thing is I don't remember having it open yesterday. It was kinda hot and I thought I ran ac instead. Oh well, old age setting in.

My 09 Challenger had a stupid "feature" where if you held the unlock button down on the remote, it would roll the windows down. I found this feature one day when I was working around the house and apparently something else in my pocket held the button down. Fortunately the car was in the garage so no harm was done. I was very careful to not have the fob in a pants pocket from then on. I suspect some software programmer who didn't even own a car thought this was a great idea.

The one and only time that ever happened to me was my Cadillac Eldorado and I was so dumb I just let it dry with windows up and the seats split and ripped which ruined the entire interior. Hard lessons learned!

Yeah did it with my VW Jetta.... Closed the sunroof and windows with the key in the driver door and went to work. The car sat in the hot sun all day. When I came one the windows had condensation on the inside....I knew I was in trouble.. Sure enough, the interior smelled like that girl in highschool that nobody wanted to take to the prom. No damage to the electronics but I had to steam clean the seats and carpet and let it dry really well, followed by a few air fresheners.

You might want to look into buying a couple small containers of "Damp Rid" and keep them in the cab to help remove some moisture.

My '15 Silverado and '16 Burban will roll down all 4 windows if you hold the unlock button on the FOB for a few seconds. Just an FYI for those who don't know... In response to the gentlemans post about his Challenger rolling down the windows on accident.!

This automatic window feature can be disabled in the vehicle settings on MyLink, however.

Sent from my iPhone 6s Plus using Tapatalk

I am a little suprised but it really dried out today. I did take a lot of steps and pulled apart a lot of the interior but even the worst areas were pretty dry by the end of the day. Hoping for the best

With it being rainwater the odds of it drying "clean" and not smelling are better as long as you do like you did and dry it out thoroughly.

You would think with all of the sophisticated technology in vehicles these days, they could make a rain sensor that would close all open windows when it detects moisture.

Of course I could see that sensor failing, and not letting a person open any windows. Ah, gotta love technology.

You would think with all of the sophisticated technology in vehicles these days, they could make a rain sensor that would close all open windows when it detects moisture.

Of course I could see that sensor failing, and not letting a person open any windows. Ah, gotta love technology.

Or not being able to roll the window down when its humid outside. Even better would be the law suit for someone drowning after running off into a body of water and lot letting them out of the car/truck.

They had this feature for the convertible top in the 60s. I guess another lost technology.

Archived