Survey - Self Driving Vehicles

Self Driving Vehicle Poll  

58 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• 4 weeks later...

Technology isn't there, no way it can be done now, maybe in 20 years when all the melenials get to making cars they design, with no human interaction involved. The road system needs to change, the driving expectations need to change, everyone, not just half the driving population. In my opinion, it's a catastrophe waiting to happen.

In my opinion they will need an overall system guiding/tracking all vehicles, sort of like the FAA does with airplanes. The autonomous car can work, if there are no outside factors...in the real world, they can't account for every scenario.

2012 2500hd 6.0l CCSB 4wd

• 7 months later...

For teenage women , the cell phone addicted, people who don't/won't full appreciate the privilege of driving, I'm all for self driving cars. 

I for one love and cherish the privilege of owning my own vehicle, modifying said vehicle to my tastes, and going for drives. Long, short, straight, twisty, I love being behind the wheel. I fully intend to keep that going the rest of my life. 

Besides, the older I get, the more I find I am happiest with the results when I am in charge. Then things get done right. 

Self driving is like communism. Looks good on paper. 

Then you get the goons who ignore the safety warnings, people who illegally modify the self driving systems, and left's not forget the likely countless cars that will have viruses from owners or hackers. There are a wide number of ways self driving can go wrong, and naturally it will be well after it's implemented that said problems will arise. 

• Like 1

• 1 year later...