Front passenger Door not locking

I got the car all polished the idiots who did it left the interior lights on overnight and the battery was drained got a new battery from the dealer. After getting back the car the front passenger door lock was acting funny sometime not opening or locking. Today it's nit operating at all it's just stuck. Either open in manually or lock it manually. What's the problem do I need to go to the dealer or is it something DIY.?

Sent from my SM-N920C using Tapatalk

What's the problem do I need to go to the dealer or is it something DIY.?

If you got another battery and it still does not work, the electrical connection to that lock may have come loose. If you hear clicking at that lock, the mechanism may be faulty. Either way, let the dealer fix it under warranty.

Ok update I still haven't gone to the dealer yet I was on trip when I posted the problem above, but now suddenly it has to started work again the door lock front the remote and from inside buttons. Should I still go the dealer or cancel it ?

Should I still go the dealer or cancel it ?

Nah, I would cancel. Dealer can't fix something that's not broken. Not a big issue, but I still think there is a loose connection. You could probably verify this by hitting a bump or two.

Update

Came back home after a long drive and parked the car the passenger front door didn't lock electronically again. But then I washed the car after. And the car was still for like 4 hours after which I started the car and the lock started to work again which rules out the loose connection theory, I did open the door and shut maybe that might get loose connection in place or not. Still working though. Do the loose connection happen inside the door or somewhere within the car or the BCM is just trolling me

Sent from my SM-N920C using Tapatalk

Archived