question: There's a faint chattering noise when accelerating on th

Wouldn't it be an easy test to put in a tank of 91 or 93 octane and see if it changes?

I have read about a few different guys running different octanes and it not helping. I never noticed if it was because of the AC or not. Im going to test that tonight. I did read one case where a guy had his water coolant pump replaced and said that fixed it.

It's not the motor. I run 93 octane in my 5.3, do it on all my vehicles.

Sent from my treestand using Tapatalk

should i not e running the lowest octane in my truck? i always have with all my vehicles.

I have read about a few different guys running different octanes and it not helping. I never noticed if it was because of the AC or not. Im going to test that tonight. I did read one case where a guy had his water coolant pump replaced and said that fixed it.

should i not e running the lowest octane in my truck? i always have with all my vehicles.

I tested it, with a/c off it didn't see as apparent. But something like a water pump causing it makes sense to me

I tested it, with a/c off it didn't see as apparent. But something like a water pump causing it makes sense to me

yeah I don't know, i made another appointment at another chevy dealer and I called GM again and spoke with a much higher supervisor. I think they might help me replace this truck with another since its under 30 days and this shit is consistently happening. I guess we will see.

yeah I don't know, i made another appointment at another chevy dealer and I called GM again and spoke with a much higher supervisor. I think they might help me replace this truck with another since its under 30 days and this shit is consistently happening. I guess we will see.

I really wouldn't hold my breath on that. My 15 had a hell of a lot more serious issues than that and they nor gm were going to replace it. This is more of an "annoyance" not a functional or safety issue. It really isn't a big deal, but that doesn't change that it's bullshit and shouldn't be happening. I feel ya bro, trust me. Tell them about the water pump fix and ask them if it's something they can look at, I'll be sure to do the same. I bet we will be able to get it fixed

I really wouldn't hold my breath on that. My 15 had a hell of a lot more serious issues than that and they nor gm were going to replace it. This is more of an "annoyance" not a functional or safety issue. It really isn't a big deal, but that doesn't change that it's bullshit and shouldn't be happening. I feel ya bro, trust me. Tell them about the water pump fix and ask them if it's something they can look at, I'll be sure to do the same. I bet we will be able to get it fixed

Yeah i know they probably aren't going to do shit, this really doesn't have anything to do with the whole lemon law because it isn't anything that can harm me. I guess I just need to get the right mechanic under my hod and really check things out. I hope to god its something as stupid as a water pump because i ****ing love this truck. I feel like after awhile i won't even care anymore haha. plus its not ALL of the time.

Yeah i know they probably aren't going to do shit, this really doesn't have anything to do with the whole lemon law because it isn't anything that can harm me. I guess I just need to get the right mechanic under my hod and really check things out. I hope to god its something as stupid as a water pump because i ****ing love this truck. I feel like after awhile i won't even care anymore haha. plus its not ALL of the time.

Exactly. I absolutely love mine too, and it actually caused a die hard ford buddy of mine to trade in his new f150 for the same truck. It's gotten to the point where I really barely notice it anymore, it's definitely not something major I can tell you that.

Definitely something with cooling/water pump if I had to guess. And not something that is going to damage the truck. These trucks are very high quality, but QC with this latest generation hasn't been the best and that's what these little issues are. I totally feel you and understand, but there is no brand new truck right now that won't have these little Mickey Mouse problems. Just make sure you can duplicate the chatter with a good tech in the truck, talk to the service manager and let him know that the chatter is unacceptable to you and just shouldn't be happening. You'll get it worked out, I hope I do too.

The problem is demand is so high, so they just don't do the in depth QC like they should. That is all companies right now making trucks. Gm can't even keep up demand with the canyon and Colorado, the plant here where I live that my buddy works at is in crisis mode pumping them out and he said gm is going to eliminate even more QC to get the trucks out faster, so the next gen trucks will be interesting to see pan out.

Edited by MOhunter92

Exactly. I absolutely love mine too, and it actually caused a die hard ford buddy of mine to trade in his new f150 for the same truck. It's gotten to the point where I really barely notice it anymore, it's definitely not something major I can tell you that.

Definitely something with cooling/water pump if I had to guess. And not something that is going to damage the truck. These trucks are very high quality, but QC with this latest generation hasn't been the best and that's what these little issues are. I totally feel you and understand, but there is no brand new truck right now that won't have these little Mickey Mouse problems. Just make sure you can duplicate the chatter with a good tech in the truck, talk to the service manager and let him know that the chatter is unacceptable to you and just shouldn't be happening. You'll get it worked out, I hope I do too.

The problem is demand is so high, so they just don't do the in depth QC like they should. That is all companies right now making trucks. Gm can't even keep up demand with the canyon and Colorado, the plant here where I live that my buddy works at is in crisis mode pumping them out and he said gm is going to eliminate even more QC to get the trucks out faster, so the next gen trucks will be interesting to see pan out.

That is INSAANE! They are beautiful trucks man. Its really nothing to get rid of my truck for I just don't wanna hear it anymore haha! Tomorrow is the end of days I hope haha. I honestly have read many of forums and may threads about this very problem we are going through and just the one guy said they replaced the water coolant pump and BLAM!! fixed it.

That is INSAANE! They are beautiful trucks man. Its really nothing to get rid of my truck for I just don't wanna hear it anymore haha! Tomorrow is the end of days I hope haha. I honestly have read many of forums and may threads about this very problem we are going through and just the one guy said they replaced the water coolant pump and BLAM!! fixed it.

That is promising, definitely don't forget to mention it. I'm going back to replace my power lock switch (buzzes with music on) and I'll mention again the chatter and request to have the tech ride with me and mention the water coolant pump. Just keep the heat on em, if they don't want to play get a hold of GM and they will help. I did that on my previous truck with the issues it had and they turned around.

As for the QC, yeah it's insane. Worries me but kind of relieved I had at least half ass quality check lol the next gen is ehhhhh [emoji51]

That is promising, definitely don't forget to mention it. I'm going back to replace my power lock switch (buzzes with music on) and I'll mention again the chatter and request to have the tech ride with me and mention the water coolant pump. Just keep the heat on em, if they don't want to play get a hold of GM and they will help. I did that on my previous truck with the issues it had and they turned around.

As for the QC, yeah it's insane. Worries me but kind of relieved I had at least half ass quality check lol the next gen is ehhhhh [emoji51]

yeah i feel you on that QC, but i am just soooooo happy with the rest of my truck man! Honestly its only an LT but the color, the ride, interior! everything is awesome! Im so glad i didn't get a f150. I was looking at dodge but the looks just never caught my attention. only the 1500? the one that says RAM real big on the grill.

yeah i feel you on that QC, but i am just soooooo happy with the rest of my truck man! Honestly its only an LT but the color, the ride, interior! everything is awesome! Im so glad i didn't get a f150. I was looking at dodge but the looks just never caught my attention. only the 1500? the one that says RAM real big on the grill.

For real, these trucks are sick. Hands down best truck out right now. Yeah the tin can fords suck, I really hope gm doesn't go full aluminum. Fiat Ram is what it's called now they aren't American anymore, and those have looked the same since like 2008-09! These fords are just delicate. I've seen so many where body panels rip, just is too soft 76cb66b622f8360735cb22dc38921607.jpg1d13bda65e9c1ab279d6ec2620378b3b.jpg

For real, these trucks are sick. Hands down best truck out right now. Yeah the tin can fords suck, I really hope gm doesn't go full aluminum. Fiat Ram is what it's called now they aren't American anymore, and those have looked the same since like 2008-09! These fords are just delicate. I've seen so many where body panels rip, just is too soft 76cb66b622f8360735cb22dc38921607.jpg1d13bda65e9c1ab279d6ec2620378b3b.jpg

THAT IS INSAAAAANE OMG! so glad i went chevy! wow

THAT IS INSAAAAANE OMG! so glad i went chevy! wow

Notice how the entire side of the cab PEELED. Lol. I hope everyone was ok, but shit it's just pathetic. I've seen pics of the bed also tear, literally. Just not worth it to me, it's a shitty material to build a damn truck out of!