2016 GMC Sierra All Terrain X LED Light Bar

• 3 weeks later...

Looking to put an aftermarket Led Light Bar on the roll bar of my 2016 All Terrain X. Has anyone attempted this yet? I noticed the roll bar is wired from the factory for the GM accessory off road lights. Looking to see if anyone knows what fuse I should tap into and what wire for the fuse, assuming its already wired to a relay. Thoughts??

Did you ever get this one figured out?

I am also trying to utilize the factory wiring in the bar to power a light bar.

Dealer insisted there was no wiring but it's right there when you pull the break light out.

Contacted GM they informed I would have to approach a dealer for technical data.

4 dealers later no luck. One even argued there was no GMC truck that comes from the factory with bars in the back insisted the dealer had to have installed them aftermarket. Lol knew that was a dead end.

Closest I have found are some blunt cut wire ends in the overhead console where the switch would be located if it had one. The manual indicated these were for the rear work light application but haven't managed to find any extra data to explain.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

Did you ever get this one figured out?

I am also trying to utilize the factory wiring in the bar to power a light bar.

Dealer insisted there was no wiring but it's right there when you pull the break light out.

Contacted GM they informed I would have to approach a dealer for technical data.

4 dealers later no luck. One even argued there was no GMC truck that comes from the factory with bars in the back insisted the dealer had to have installed them aftermarket. Lol knew that was a dead end.

Closest I have found are some blunt cut wire ends in the overhead console where the switch would be located if it had one. The manual indicated these were for the rear work light application but haven't managed to find any extra data to explain.

Same questions I have. Looking to put a light bar on top of the sport bar. My son says the wires are there already. Anyhow the weird thing is if you look at GMC accessories they ask if you have fog lights or not. I wonder why? Not paying their crazy price for two small lights!

Using the factory wires requires reprograming the truck at a dealer. It's also hooked into your normal light control so it didn't sound like there was an additional switch.

I ran wires myself and hooked it up through an accessory post in an unused junction box.

• 1 month later...

I have a 2014 Sierra SLE crew cab and scored a brand new sportsbar someone left behind @ the dealership for $300 CDN. Figured it was a good price in case i didn't like it.

For people wanting to know how to install this and wire the brake light in i found my instructions off ebay. Simple and fairly quick. If you remove the fuse panel under the hood and remove the part that contains the fuses you'll see some harnesses. Remove the top blue flat clip ( closest harness on the corner of fender / fire wall. Then remove the purple/grey wire and hook your wire from sportsbar and put everything back together.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

Hey guys I'm new here and came across this post while searching and ordered the 44" Cree lightbar on eBay someone linked on this post. Can't beat this for 89 bucks! This thing is bright as hell I couldn't believe it. I didn't use any factory wiring I used the harness that came with the light. The wiring wasn't long enough so I had to extend it to reach back to the sportbar. Wiring was simple as I just threaded the wire along the frame thru the factory zip ties. Only thing that sucks is that I had to run the wire coming off the light down the backside of the sportbar and zip tie it in place since I didn't take the bar off to run them thru. The light is the same exact size as the plate on top of the sportbar so it fits nice and square and looks like it belongs there. It came with 4 brackets but I was only able to use 2 because the other 2 holes for the factory GM lights that are supposed to go there were too far and I didn't wanna drill holes into it. I had to take the plate off then install the lightbar onto the plate then install them back on top of the bar together. This is because you can't tighten the bracket nuts into the bolts while the plate is up there because the 2 sportbars are too close together to get a wrench in there. It really wasn't hard at all to do. Install and wiring took maybe an hour and 15 minutes tops. Also for those of you wondering, if you unscrew the brake light on the sportbar there is an unused wire in there for the GM LED addons. Here's a pic. I can post more if you'd like.

post-167225-0-83057400-1483351614_thumb.jpg

Edited by 2016AllTerrainX

• 2 weeks later...

Hey guys I'm new here and came across this post while searching and ordered the 44" Cree lightbar on eBay someone linked on this post. Can't beat this for 89 bucks! This thing is bright as hell I couldn't believe it. I didn't use any factory wiring I used the harness that came with the light. The wiring wasn't long enough so I had to extend it to reach back to the sportbar. Wiring was simple as I just threaded the wire along the frame thru the factory zip ties. Only thing that sucks is that I had to run the wire coming off the light down the backside of the sportbar and zip tie it in place since I didn't take the bar off to run them thru. The light is the same exact size as the plate on top of the sportbar so it fits nice and square and looks like it belongs there. It came with 4 brackets but I was only able to use 2 because the other 2 holes for the factory GM lights that are supposed to go there were too far and I didn't wanna drill holes into it. I had to take the plate off then install the lightbar onto the plate then install them back on top of the bar together. This is because you can't tighten the bracket nuts into the bolts while the plate is up there because the 2 sportbars are too close together to get a wrench in there. It really wasn't hard at all to do. Install and wiring took maybe an hour and 15 minutes tops. Also for those of you wondering, if you unscrew the brake light on the sportbar there is an unused wire in there for the GM LED addons. Here's a pic. I can post more if you'd like.

Where did you mount your switch inside the truck? looking to do something similar!

Thanks!

Edited by 74Sprint17SierraATX

Sorry I forgot to include where I put the switch. Since I didn't wanna mess with going thru firewall, if you open up driver door you can see a rubber gromet on side of dashboard. It's just a gromet with no wires. Ran switch wire thru that and it comes out near e-brake. I unclipped the panel underneath steering wheel and ran wire up and then clipped it back in. No need to drill any holes and switch stays there nice and tight. There's also plenty of wire to move it to another location. Sorry for crappy pic the glass over my camera lens broke.

post-167225-0-85824100-1484072822_thumb.jpg

post-167225-0-93237100-1484072840_thumb.jpg

Edited by 2016AllTerrainX
  • Like 2

Thanks! My dad has been bugging me to research this out so I can put it on his X.

awesome! Thanks!

Where on the Island are you? Ive slowly been seeing more and more X's running around and Silverados with the sports bar.

post-17649-0-59950700-1484083743_thumb.jpg

post-17649-0-29818700-1484083799_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Sorry I forgot to include where I put the switch. Since I didn't wanna mess with going thru firewall, if you open up driver door you can see a rubber gromet on side of dashboard. It's just a gromet with no wires. Ran switch wire thru that and it comes out near e-brake. I unclipped the panel underneath steering wheel and ran wire up and then clipped it back in. No need to drill any holes and switch stays there nice and tight. There's also plenty of wire to move it to another location. Sorry for crappy pic the glass over my camera lens broke.

Sweet looking truck, love the sportbar! How is the light output from that mounting location?

Thanks! My dad has been bugging me to research this out so I can put it on his X.

Where on the Island are you? Ive slowly been seeing more and more X's running around and Silverados with the sports bar.

attachicon.gifunnamed.jpg

Nice truck! That sportbar looks badazz!!

• Like 1

attachicon.gifunnamed.jpg

Smithtown area, Ive been keeping an eye out too... see a lot of colorados with them but only one ATX regularly on my work commute.

a lot of people say the bar is cheesy but I love the look and beef it adds to the truck.

Sweet looking truck, love the sportbar! How is the light output from that mounting location?

Nice truck! That sportbar looks badazz!!

You would think the light output would be diminished cause of it hitting the roof being so far back but actually it is awesome. Being so far back the light not only projects forward but also projects on the side of the vehicle so you can see everything. It really lights everything up like a stadium. You guys should really try that light. Can't beat it for 89 bux instead of paying 1000+ for the GM ones that probably aren't as bright.