bc-chris' 2014 Silverado SLZ Z71

bc-chris

ok - a few pics of some of the changes that have happened the last little while...

i picked up some used running boards. i still want to get the amp research power steps eventually, but these will do for now (and cost a whole lot less)

IMG_5531_zpsrn1ecied.jpg

IMG_5539_zpsvpyj84kp.jpg

are those gm running broads ?

I started on page 1.. and went through all 7... outstanding job on the led work you did inside the cab..? I was wondering.. how does that gel hold up after let's say... 1 year?

thanks Silver ice!

so far the blue gel has held up just fine. the stuff i used is what is used to tint the old school spot lights for stage lighting, so any heat generated from the LEDs is minuscule compared to the heat from an old spot light

i am thinking about actually swapping the LEDs to blue this summer... more for just some 'truck therapy' time - ha! i'm wanting to wrap all the trim pieces in the truck so i'd likely swap out the LEDs then since the trim is already off

are those gm running broads ?

my wife nixed the idea of me getting a couple of gm 'broads'! bahahahaha!!!

they are running boards from the 07-14 gm/chev crew cabs. i really like that they are fairly high up and don't stick out a ton from the truck - that's why i went with them (and the cost savings)

thanks Silver ice!

so far the blue gel has held up just fine. the stuff i used is what is used to tint the old school spot lights for stage lighting, so any heat generated from the LEDs is minuscule compared to the heat from an old spot light

i am thinking about actually swapping the LEDs to blue this summer... more for just some 'truck therapy' time - ha! i'm wanting to wrap all the trim pieces in the truck so i'd likely swap out the LEDs then since the trim is already off

Oh ok now I know what you are talking about. I have seen that stuff before.. fyi if you ever come to California give me the heads up and I if you do all that to my truck... cash on hand Edited by Silver ice 6.2
  • Like 1

my wife nixed the idea of me getting a couple of gm 'broads'! bahahahaha!!!

they are running boards from the 07-14 gm/chev crew cabs. i really like that they are fairly high up and don't stick out a ton from the truck - that's why i went with them (and the cost savings)

Thank You . good looking truck

• Like 1

thanks SilveradoSaver!!

let me know the next time you're in town - i'd love meet up!!! my brother-in-law is in vancouver, if we make a trip to the coast i'll let you know (it's tough right now with 2 young kids)

next few mods....

add white LEDs in the back bumper steps

add lighting to illuminate the step bars under each door

...and i'm totally doing the flat black vinyl stripes like you did on your hood and tailgate (i actually saved your pics about a month ago to take to a local vinyl shop so i can say, "do this please!" ha!)

i have a bunch of other lighting things i want to do, but i need to place another order with oznium.com

thanks SilveradoSaver!!

let me know the next time you're in town - i'd love meet up!!! my brother-in-law is in vancouver, if we make a trip to the coast i'll let you know (it's tough right now with 2 young kids)

next few mods....

add white LEDs in the back bumper steps

add lighting to illuminate the step bars under each door

...and i'm totally doing the flat black vinyl stripes like you did on your hood and tailgate (i actually saved your pics about a month ago to take to a local vinyl shop so i can say, "do this please!" ha!)

i have a bunch of other lighting things i want to do, but i need to place another order with oznium.com

Nice!

I love the stripes on my truck; I actually was inspired by my previous car. Below is a picture that might help your vinyl shop as it pops a bit better than the ones on my truck. I also included the exact picture of the design on our trucks to the vinyl shop. I think you'll like them!

CHEVY_SILVERADO_VINYL_GRAPHICS_DECALS_ST

IMG_0093_zpsrbknsxqk.jpg

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

i installed the driver's side assist handle today - i like it! no more grabbing on to the steering wheel when i get in

stock:

IMG_7080_zpsfbsvlo3g.jpg

stock trim piece removed (really easy to remove - pry the top, remove a little retaining clip and it just pulls out)

IMG_7081_zpsfnpd5b00.jpg

since the a-pillar trim was off i moved the antenna for my scanner up the pillar and now the end of the antenna is at the top left corner of the windshield (should get better reception)

IMG_7082_zpsq17tcwdd.jpg

and thru it all i had my little helper - he approved!

IMG_7094_zpsrehe6meu.jpg

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

So I just read your thread, I vaguely remember seeing it when you barely started but all I can say is wow. I just had a couple questions on the lights in the little cubbys on the bottom of the console, how did you hook them up? And if you don't mind could you post pictures. I thought about removing the whole top piece and coming in from the inside but you may have done it a lot simpler lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hey BlueTopaz14

thanks!! the truck has changed a wee bit!

are you curious about the blue lights on the sides of the center console or the white light i added inside the bottom of the center console? just want to make sure i know which lights you're asking about