LEDs in 2016 headlight not working

The LED lights in the passenger side headlight of my 2016 Sierra 1500 Crew Cab are sporadically not working. Sometimes the are on, sometimes they aren't. The driver side functions properly all the time. The main light in the center of the headlight works fine all the time.

I took it to the dealership and they replaced the whole headlight. When I turned on the truck a few hours after I picked it up from the dealership the LED lights were not working again.

Has anyone had or heard about this issue? I'm going to take it back to the dealership, but would love some advice from anyone else that has dealt with this issue.

Thanks!

They need to replace the BCM unless there is a secondary Control module for the lights.

But I think those are in the light themselves not sure on that one.

I had a car that did that once only it would flip one side to daytime running lights when the lights came on then run the headlight during the day.

It was a BCM issue causing it.

I talked to the dealership yesterday. They checked the BCM and there were no error codes coming from it. They said they think it is a circuit. They are going to remove both headlights and swap them to see if the problem still occurs on the passenger side only. Then the will know that it is a circuit or electrical issue and not the light itself.

Hopefully they will figure it out. I will share the solution if they find it.

• 2 years later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 1 year later...