Fog light question

I have 67,000 miles on my truck now, and I was washing my truck the other day and noticed that the fog light on the drivers side seems to be a little loose. The one on the passenger side is solid and doesn't move at all.

So I talked to my mechanic and he had a look at it and said there are holes for some type of pins to go in and it seems that maybe one of the holes is just a little bigger than it should be causing the light to wiggle just a little and seem loose. The parts are all there and everything looks good so the light won't fall out.

I was just wondering if the light rattles enough, will it cause the light filament to burn out?

Any ideas how I can make the light feel solid again?....or should I just not worry about it?

I would try to find and fill that gap with something. Maybe a plumbers putty or something like that that will hold up to the weather?? Or you could swap the halogens for LED bulbs - they are a little more durable to vibration.

Sounds like a good excuse to upgrade though!!

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

I have 67,000 miles on my truck now, and I was washing my truck the other day and noticed that the fog light on the drivers side seems to be a little loose. The one on the passenger side is solid and doesn't move at all.

So I talked to my mechanic and he had a look at it and said there are holes for some type of pins to go in and it seems that maybe one of the holes is just a little bigger than it should be causing the light to wiggle just a little and seem loose. The parts are all there and everything looks good so the light won't fall out.

I was just wondering if the light rattles enough, will it cause the light filament to burn out?

Any ideas how I can make the light feel solid again?....or should I just not worry about it?

Here's what I did after the dealer told me there is nothing they can do about it, on my 2012 Sierra.

I took pieces of foam weatherstripping, the kind with adhesive on one side of it, and snugged it in between the lamp housing and the housing trim.

Problem solved. GM mechanics have no creativity, if its not in their corporate manuals they have no clue.

Instead of nuts and bolts, GM has decided that plastic clips and retainers build a vehicle faster and cheaper, maximizing profits.

Archived