finally trading in my 2014 gmc sierra 1500

I paid almost 42k for this truck brand new and it's been the worst vehicle I've ever owned too many issues too many fights with dealerships. I can't believe I wasted this much money on one truck. Since day one after I did my own inspection when I brought it home with bolts missing all over the place it has been a nightmare. The seat belt repair is the final straw.

I decided to go down and look at the F-150s. They drive a hell of a lot better than mine there are a lot more comfortable. And the trade in value they gave me I couldn't refuse. They're bringing in a truck with the options that I wanted. I took multiple different Ford F-150 for test drives and they were all awesome. Truck that I'm bringing in is a 2016 F150 6.5 foot box 5 liter V8 3.73 rear end. Heavy duty payload package and heavy duty towing package.

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I paid almost 42k for this truck brand new and it's been the worst vehicle I've ever owned too many issues too many fights with dealerships. I can't believe I wasted this much money on one truck. Since day one after I did my own inspection when I brought it home with bolts missing all over the place it has been a nightmare. The seat belt repair is the final straw.

I decided to go down and look at the F-150s. They drive a hell of a lot better than mine there are a lot more comfortable. And the trade in value they gave me I couldn't refuse. They're bringing in a truck with the options that I wanted. I took multiple different Ford F-150 for test drives and they were all awesome. Truck that I'm bringing in is a 2016 F150 6.5 foot box 5 liter V8 3.73 rear end. Heavy duty payload package and heavy duty towing package.

Byeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :tear::tear::tear::tear::tear::tear::tear::nopity::nopity::nopity::nopity::nopity::nopity::nopity:

You know what as I said in another post all auto makers have lemons , hope your new ford works out for you.

its not just the fact that it had issues ist also the dealers that wouldnt help as well as GM canada that wouldnt help me and try to fix the issues they kept saying its normal its normal

Byeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :tear::tear::tear::tear::tear::tear::tear::nopity::nopity::nopity::nopity::nopity::nopity::nopity:

yup im not the only one that left, as well as many many more in the near future. GM have lost so many customers over these trucks, i hope u are problem free good luck with your ride

its not just the fact that it had issues ist also the dealers that wouldnt help as well as GM canada that wouldnt help me and try to fix the issues they kept saying its normal its normal

I agree dealers can be a problem but I'm sure Ford has some bad dealers also

Who cares whether he chooses to buy another brand. His experience with GM has soured him and my 2014 is not what I thought it was either. Do you think people will judge me differently because I also have an Acura TLX in the driveway next to my GMC?

I don't think anyone cares what anyone drives. The smart imformed enthusiast understands, you can slap any badge on the grill and there will be complaints from someone driving that brand somewhere. Sometimes you win sometimes you get a lemon, it happens.

Who cares whether he chooses to buy another brand. His experience with GM has soured him and my 2014 is not what I thought it was either. Do you think people will judge me differently because I also have an Acura TLX in the driveway next to my GMC?

It's not just the issues I've had with the truck it's also the way you have been treated by many many dealers as well as GM Canada and I'm going through the same shit with our 2014 Chevy Cruze which I'll probably get rid of as well. I don't have any faith or trust with GM anymore. That's why I feel like I have to try another brand hopefully I have no issues I understand that other vehicles have their issues as well I'm just hoping I don't get another lemon. But it seems there are so many lemons these days with GM vehicles

I've got almost 30k trouble free miles on my '14, but if I was in your shoes I'd likely do the same thing you're doing. These trucks are way, way too flippin expensive to have the kind of problems you're having.

I had the same issue when I test drove the f150; except I felt like the driving position was too high like I was sitting in a high chair. I'm 6'2 and couldn't get the seat low to not feel that way.

You are one of the few that find a F150 comfortable. I never liked the driving position, or seats. They feel like sitting on upholstered plywood.

I would not put up with that many problems either. However I would say that since it happened to me once the chances of getting 2 in a row would be slim, I would have picked up a 2016 GMC Denali (oh yeah I did that didn't I?) instead of a Ford with a heated tailgate. For the uninitiated Ford has a great option not found on other truck brands. They feature a fully heated tailgate so that your hands do not get cold when pushing it in the wintertime hahahahaha now thats funny I dont care who U R

Archived