Question about purchase?

So I've been searching for a used Denali HD for a couple months now and I came across one the other day but a couple of things are concerned me so I thought I would ask you guys and see what you all thought. I hope this in the right place.

The truck I'm thinking of going to look is a 2015 it has around 50,000 miles so I know the bumper to bumper warranty is gone unless I get an aftermarket warranty. It says it was corporate vehicle on the carfax so maybe it's highway miles. Also on the carfax it reported there was inconsistencies with the mileage. So I called the dealer and she said that manager said it was a clerical error. So I asked if I was if i was interested could I get something in writing so it wouldn't come back to haunt me and she said sure that shouldn't be any problem.

I've been reading over these forums for a while and I have seen some issues so I ask if you were in my shoes would this vehicle even be an option?

Would the miles scare you because there is no longer any bumper to bumper coverage?

Would the mileage inconsistency scare you off even with something in writing?

The powertrain is 5years/100k correct?

I know that the final decision would be up to me but just looking for some insight from people who already own them. This one has all the features i was looking for except for the tow mirrors, roof lights and it doesn't have the z71. I won't put that many miles on it each year bc I drive a beater jeep and have a motorcycle too. My current truck I only put 15k on it in 3+ years. Sorry In advance I know it's kind of a lot of questions.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dirty car fax, way too many miles and no warranty. What could go wrong?

They were working out the car fax, too many miles not really, like I said money talks. I bought a 94 Z28 in 95 with 10k miles on it for 8k. It had a builders title no warranty. 8 years 130k miles later got 3500$ for it, it depends on how much money like I said.

They were asking 42 but I haven't been in to talk or try to negotiate. All this just came from phone calls and emails. I looked up the true market value and it is in line with that but I know that doesn't mean anything. And O.J. I totally understand what your saying I'm thinking about all of this

I cut and pasted from the carfax the events in question. I see the instrument cluster was repair or replaced.

8/24/15

18,141 mi.

Body electrical system checked

Instrument cluster replaced/repaired

2/23/16

58,840 mi.

Vehicle serviced

5/12/16

99,999 mi.

Steering/suspension checked

5/26/16

50,980 mi.

Air filter replaced

Alignment checked

Brake drum(s) resurfaced

Front brake rotor(s) resurfaced

Oil and filter changed

Rear brake rotor(s) resurfaced

MILEAGE INCONSISTENCY

the powertrane is 5 yr / 60,000 unless it was originally purchased as a commercial sale/use vehicle (then 5 yr / 100,000) (and the 100,000 is aftermarket, NOT GM)

3 yr / 36000 is bumper to bumper standard

price seems high -see attached Laura GMC NEW Sales prices :http://www.laurabuickgmc.com/

That odometer error is permanent record - for better / for worse ... TMU True Mileage Unknown is what the Mass registry would call it --- if your keeping the truck for many years - then maybe OK, - BUT not good if you sell it within a few years

just my opinion here ....

Archived